Well, my volume (and probably the tone) knob(s) make a crackling noise whenever I turn 'em. I got a noise gate, but it didn't make any difference.
I think I should replace the electronics anyways, because I bought it used. It's a normal Ibanez with HSH setup, and 2 knobs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
And the question is? Oh and the crackling could be dirt in between the contacts in the pots. You can clean them with contact cleaner or just replace them.
Last edited by a_man at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by ginjaninja
check the pots.

and the connections, incl grounds.

happened to me wouldn't stop crackling ended up being a loose connection to the output jack
Quote by a_man
And the question is? Oh and the crackling could be dirt in between the contacts in the pots. You can clean them with contact cleaner or just replace them.

Well, should I replace them or is it something else? I cleaned them the other day, but it didn't do much. Maybe I didn't clean thoroughly, but it didn't seem dirty in first place..
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Well, should I replace them or is it something else? I cleaned them the other day, but it didn't do much. Maybe I didn't clean thoroughly, but it didn't seem dirty in first place..

For the price of pots you could easily change them. To clean the contacts you have to squirt the contact cleaner inside the pot and work it around.
jsut make sure if you replace them, you match the values in ohms or get close. There's this one store on ebay, longislandmusic or something that has good cheap pots. They're also really helpful!
Quote by Invader Jim
If you cleaned them and it didn't do anything, replace them bacause they are worn out.

The guitar is somewhat old, so I think I'll do this.
Which brands should I look at? CTS?
Lastly, I heard Radioschack and Stewmac aren't good for that kind of stuff; is that true?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Alpha or CTS. CTS is reputed to last longer. Radioshack and stew mac are morbidly overpriced. Talk to nuthinbuttrubl8. He's an Allparts dealer and can prolly get you some discounts.