#1
I was playing my guitar earlier and i was holding my zune, and my arm against the strings, and i got a little shock into my arm. Is this normal or no?
#2
Might of been a mini stroke. Go get checked.
#3
Your zune has gone microphonic from a cold solder joint.. Just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and that should fix the issue..


Or it could be a bad ground on the guitar..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 22, 2009,
#4
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Your zune has gone microphonic from a cold solder point.. Just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and that should fix the issue..


Or it could be a bad ground on the guitar..


My Bassman head shocks me sometimes - should I put it in the microwave!?
#5
Quote by i_am_metalhead
My Bassman head shocks me sometimes - should I put it in the microwave!?

It probably won't fit. I'd get it kiln-fired.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.


Don't judge me.
#6
Can bad grounding on a guitar be dangerous? And could it be bad grounding on the amp?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the zune was plugged into my xbox, and computer speakers if that could have anything to do with it.
Last edited by Lefty Guitarist at Jan 22, 2009,
#7
Dude, are you sure it wasn't just static electricity?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.


Don't judge me.
#9
Oh....who knows...could have been a faulty ground in any of your equipment (not just the guitar).
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.


Don't judge me.
#10
It's the same concept as touching the microphone and your strings, as well as touching a cable (the jack) of another person's rig while you touch your stings, etc.

It's just you becoming the link between two currents. essentially.

So yeah, it's normal, but you don't want it to happen, it could be bad.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
#11
get a power conditioner if your that worried about getting shocked again, also bring the amp into a tech and tell them you got a shock through it and they will be able to test some of the stuff.