Sooooo I'm setting up a rack. I would've gone with just a nice pedalboard setup, but I got an Alesis 3630 for like 25 bucks, so I figure I may as well go all rack now. So far all I've bought is the Alesis Compressor/Noise Gate and a furman power conditioner. I've got a couple more spots left on my case, what else do you think I should pick up? Keep in mind that I am playing music that sounds like Bury Your Dead with a little Emmure thrown in there. I'm playing with a Schecter C-1 Classic and a Valveking.
TC Electronics G-(enter whichever best fits your price range) for MFX.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ahhhhh thats actually a really good idea, cause tuning during shows with a pedal reallllllly sucks.
not really looking for effects, more tone shaping gear, or useful thinks like the korg rackmount tuner.
Then a rackmount EQ. The range from like 5 band, to 15 band to 31 bands.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
is eq really a necessary thing? I mean I know it's only 3-band on my amp but does a 15 band eq make a TON of difference?
Quote by I Like Me.
is eq really a necessary thing? I mean I know it's only 3-band on my amp but does a 15 band eq make a TON of difference?

It won't be night and day, but it will let you tweak your tone extra. I still think it would be a better investment to upgrade your amp..
I just dont have that much money and I don't have the time to save up, cause I'm playing live shows and need to get my tone nice and clean pretty soon. I'm very happy with the tone my VK has given me so far, I just think it needs to be cleaned up.