I've been playing guitar for a little over a year and I dont know what the first 5 Metallica solos I should learn. As far as solo experience Im not that great:

Smoke on th Water Solo
Paranoid Solo
Back in Black Solo

^^Prob. the 3 hardest solos I can play, not saying much I know. But can someone lead me in the right direction? I took a look at the Fade to Black Solo but I dont know if that might be just a little bit out of my grasp.

Thanks.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Nothing Else Matters solo is pretty easy. Pretty short too mind...
The unforgiven solo isn't too bad
and nothing else matters
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
well are you learning just solos? or are you learning songs? do you know any metallica songs already?
the metallica solos i know with 1 1/2 years of playing are master of puppets, fade to black(intro), battery, creeping death, disposable heroes, and the first solo in trapped under ice. you should do fine with any of them
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
nothing else mather
one
fade to black
sanitarium
unforgiven ( 1 or 2 , I'm not sure, maybe both )
in no special order

have fun !
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
If you're looking for an easy solo go with "Nothing Else Matters" but if your looking for just the song and not the solo, go for "Master of Puppets" or "Enter Sandman", thats a fun one to play. But based on what you're playing now the solo from MOP would be way to hard. Still learn the rhythm first then work on the solos later, you'll eventually get them down.
As a Metallica Fan I would say probably the solo from Sanitarium(Welcome Home). The first solo isn't too hard and the diffuculty gradually increases. (When I played it w/ my band I was singer/lead, it's tough.
Quote by bender424
nothing else mather
one
fade to black
sanitarium
unforgiven ( 1 or 2 , I'm not sure, maybe both )
in no special order

have fun !

Took the words out of my mouth

You could try Enter Sandman too, its not that bad

Please use tags for tabs....