hey guys, i will be selling my MG100HDFX with its Cab, hoping to get at least 500ish (canadian). i'm not feeling this amp anymore since i started to play much more heavier types of metal. What i am about to do isnt going to help much... i dont think... thats why i am here to ask for advice.

i will be looking for a combo amp, with a budget of what i sold my amp for, or throw in an extra 200-300 dollars on top of that, so $700-800 (canadian).
i have a Electronic Harmonix Metal Muff (i can get a pretty good sound from the marshall but at every setting i tried it always pierces the ear...)

i will eventually move to an apartment so getting rid of the head/cab is a good idea for that.

thanks in advance
Gear: Jackson DKMG BLK
Cubase sx3
Bugera 333XL Combo
Cry - Baby Wah pedal
Digitech Digital Delay pedal
Last edited by chinchek at Jan 22, 2009,
I like Vox Valvetronix amps for any application, from metal on down, but perhaps you should also look at Roland Cubes, Peavey Vypyrs (though I've not tried them, they come well-recommended), and also small, clean tube amps like the Epiphone Valve Junior and Fender Blues Junior for use with your pedal.
I too recommend the Bugera for said budget.. If you're more "metal" the 6260 might fit you well.
I'd wait till the 6505+ Combo comes out if you can. The combo will be cheaper than a Bugera combo, and hopefully a lot more reliable.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thanks for the suggestions!

ill research what you have suggested
Cubase sx3
Bugera 333XL Combo
Cry - Baby Wah pedal
What are the specs on the combo? 1X12 2X12? same watt rating as the head?
If it's the same as the head I can't see the price being lower than the Bugera...
Quote by LPlayer
What are the specs on the combo? 1X12 2X12? same watt rating as the head?
If it's the same as the head I can't see the price being lower than the Bugera...

It's a 1x12. 60W like the 2x12. LEDs on the logo and an XLR out for simulated speaker output.

Its street price is $535. It's going to be imported according to Peavey, so it's not made in the US like the others, but if it sounds like the original, I really don't think you can complain.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
so how does a 120 watt bugera solve anything for someone moving to an apartment? no power atten. will keep him from getting evicted, and even if he can get to play it without getting booted, he wont get much tube break up.

if he needed the volume he might as well keep his ****ty (IMO) half stack.

I would suggest the vyvpyr.....unlesssss you really cant live without a tube amp.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd wait till the 6505+ Combo comes out if you can. The combo will be cheaper than a Bugera combo, and hopefully a lot more reliable.

+1... though if it's not made in the USA, it could be no more reliable than the bugeras...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could get a Rebel 20 and the matching cab or an Avatar cab w/in your budget.
I'm liking the 6505+ scenario as well. Hopefully it will be well built. We get a lot of $500 need metal amp threads.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
thanks guys, unfortunately i never owned a tube amp. well i think the line6 spider 112 was a tube.. not sure.

i will wait to see reviews on the 6505 1x12, by that time i should have sold my current amp. ill see what happens. thanks
Cubase sx3
Bugera 333XL Combo
Cry - Baby Wah pedal
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1... though if it's not made in the USA, it could be no more reliable than the bugeras...

True, but Peavey's lower end amps are imported and don't seem to have any reliability issues
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc

Even though it won't be made in the USA its still being made by Peavey - they are just outsourcing to another country (I'm assuming somewhere in Asia and probably for cheaper production costs) - so I would like to assume it will still have the high quality that comes with any other Peavey product.

Bugeras are made by Behringer - a company notorious for producing poor quality items.
doesn't the valveking have a sketchy reliability record?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I take back my previous post and recommend the 6505+ 1x12
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard