Page 1 of 2
Title says it all, I'm curious as to what companies make thin and/or very comfortable necks in your opinion. My local shops don't carry much, so I figured you guys would be helpful.

The search bar availed nothing.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Ibanez, ESP, and Jackson are the big-names that make the thinnest necks, in my experience. PRS necks are also exceedingly comfortable.
I have a Peavey T-15 neck on this new guitar I bought, it's really slick.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
PRS, Ibanez
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
PRS for sure. When I first picked up their new Mira model I was just amazed at how fast the neck was.
Quote by Spartan101400
I know which company isn't, Dean or Gibson, I wish I had a fast Dean neck

Agh, and I was thinking about a Dean VMNT too...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Ibanez, Jackson, Vigier, Caparison, etc.

You can only get a hold of Vigier stuff in France if I recall correctly.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Quote by ComradeIronMan
Agh, and I was thinking about a Dean VMNT too...

Dean VMNT is different, it's plays almost exactly like a Jackson King V, there's only one small differnce between the two, but it's so small that it's hardly noticed, if you like the way a King V feels, chances are you'll like the VMNT.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
You can only get a hold of Vigier stuff in France if I recall correctly.

They're made in France, but available all over Europe, America and probably some other countries.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Music Man's have orgasmic necks.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Well Ibanez is the undispuited king of necks when it comes to "thinness" but the Schecter Classic necks are quite thin; not anything like the Hellraisers. I was also surprised when my agile Al-3100 neck was just about as thin as my Classic. Jackson makes some multi-radius necks or something like that that are also quite thin.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Basically if you want unbelievably low action, ultra thin ultra fast necks, you want an Ibanez.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Ibanez, jackson, ESP, carvin, caparison etc
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Bonsaischaap
They're made in France, but available all over Europe, America and probably some other countries.

+1

a local shop here has been a dealer for a few years, and i'm not in france...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
some b.c. richs have them, but not a lot
i think the top 2 that are really nown for it re jackson and ibanez, but dean makes some, as well as ESP/LTD. and i already mentioned b.c. richs. not so much schecters though, i dont think they have any.
Ibanez, Jackson, ESP/LTD, Carvin, Caparison, Edwards (part of ESP), EBMM, Peavey, Ran Guitars (but that's because they're a custom shop), PRS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Spartan101400
Dean VMNT is different, it's plays almost exactly like a Jackson King V, there's only one small differnce between the two, but it's so small that it's hardly noticed, if you like the way a King V feels, chances are you'll like the VMNT.

Guess I'll try and find a King V. What exactly is the difference, though?

Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Vigier, they're are sexy!

The Marylin looks amazing, doesn't it?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
i would have to say anything made by ibanez with a wizard neck. and my crafter ashland is blazingly fast.
Quote by ComradeIronMan

The Marylin looks amazing, doesn't it?

I'm an Excalibur fan myself:

^ what's that, an indus?

those vigiers are awesome, i've tried several of them now... just not the exact spec i want (width of the neck is the main one, which is annoying)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ what's that, an indus?

those vigiers are awesome, i've tried several of them now... just not the exact spec i want (width of the neck is the main one, which is annoying)...

An Indus and a Surfreter Supra.
Hagstrom's new ultralux series are worth a look, then even put out a Viking last year with the super thin neck. It feels like it could snap it's that skinny, try them out, super fast.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Demon_dave
Hagstrom's new ultralux series are worth a look, then even put out a Viking last year with the super thin neck. It feels like it could snap it's that skinny, try them out, super fast.

Beat me to it. Hagstrom have been making super-thin necks for decades now. I want a Viking, because I love semihollows, but my hands are small, and my Ibanez AS-73 feels a bit thick around the higher frets.
Guess I'll try and find a King V. What exactly is the difference, though?

Well, if you get the pro VMNT it has active pickups compared to the King V's passive pickups. The livewires in the VMNT have a better punch in my opinion.
The Dean [V] shaped neck mostly found on the razorbacks is the fastest most comfy neck I have ever played In my 20 years of guitar, I have owned Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, BC Rich, ESP, Schecter and none can compare.
That is amazing. Where did you find that?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Page 1 of 2