I am saddened to not see TDK under Best Picture and Original Score.

I bet the only reason why they have ol' Heath is so that the world doesn't come after them for not doing so.

- Complete list of 81st annual Academy Award nominations announced Thursday:

1. Best Picture: " The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ," "Frost/Nixon," "Milk," " The Reader ," " Slumdog Millionaire ."

2. Actor: Richard Jenkins , "The Visitor"; Frank Langella , "Frost/Nixon"; Sean Penn, "Milk"; Brad Pitt , "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Mickey Rourke , " The Wrestler ."

3. Actress: Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"; Angelina Jolie , " Changeling "; Melissa Leo , " Frozen River "; Meryl Streep, "Doubt"; Kate Winslet , "The Reader."

4. Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin , "Milk"; Robert Downey Jr ., " Tropic Thunder "; Philip Seymour Hoffman , "Doubt"; Heath Ledger , " The Dark Knight "; Michael Shannon , " Revolutionary Road ."

5. Supporting Actress: Amy Adams , "Doubt"; Penelope Cruz , " Vicky Cristina Barcelona "; Viola Davis , "Doubt"; Taraji P. Henson , "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Marisa Tomei , "The Wrestler."

6. Director: David Fincher , "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Ron Howard, "Frost/Nixon"; Gus Van Sant , "Milk"; Stephen Daldry , "The Reader"; Danny Boyle , "Slumdog Millionaire."

7. Foreign Film : "The Baader Meinhof Complex," Germany; "The Class," France; "Departures," Japan; "Revanche," Austria; " Waltz With Bashir ," Israel.

8. Adapted Screenplay : Eric Roth and Robin Swicord , "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; John Patrick Shanley , "Doubt"; Peter Morgan , "Frost/Nixon"; David Hare, "The Reader"; Simon Beaufoy , "Slumdog Millionaire."

9. Original Screenplay: Courtney Hunt, "Frozen River"; Mike Leigh , "Happy-Go-Lucky"; Martin McDonagh , "In Bruges"; Dustin Lance Black, "Milk"; Andrew Stanton , Jim Reardon and Pete Docter, "WALL-E."

10. Animated Feature Film : "Bolt"; " Kung Fu Panda "; "WALL-E."

11. Art Direction: "Changeling," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," "The Duchess," "Revolutionary Road."

12. Cinematography : "Changeling," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," "The Reader," "Slumdog Millionaire."

13. Sound Mixing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," "Slumdog Millionaire," "WALL-E," "Wanted."

14. Sound Editing: "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man," "Slumdog Millionaire," "WALL-E," "Wanted."

15. Original Score: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," Alexandre Desplat ; "Defiance," James Newton Howard ; "Milk," Danny Elfman ; "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman ; "WALL-E," Thomas Newman .

16. Original Song: "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E," Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman; " Jai Ho " from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Gulzar; "O Saya" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Maya Arulpragasam.

17. Costume: "Australia," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Duchess," "Milk," "Revolutionary Road."

18. Documentary Feature: "The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)," " Encounters at the End of the World ," "The Garden," "Man on Wire," " Trouble the Water ."

19. Documentary ( short subject ): "The Conscience of Nhem En," "The Final Inch," "Smile Pinki," "The Witness — From the Balcony of Room 306."

20. Film Editing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," "Frost/Nixon," "Milk," "Slumdog Millionaire."

21. Makeup: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," "Hellboy II: The Golden Army."

22. Animated Short Film: "La Maison en Petits Cubes," "Lavatory — Lovestory," "Oktapodi," "Presto," "This Way Up."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Auf der Strecke (On the Line)," "Manon on the Asphalt," "New Boy," "The Pig," "Spielzeugland (Toyland)."

24. Visual Effects: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "The Dark Knight," " Iron Man ."

___

Academy Award winner previously announced this year:

Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award (Oscar statuette): Jerry Lewis
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I actually think it's because the only part of the film worth nominating was really Heath Ledger. He upstaged the whole movie pretty much. Without him, the movie would have been alright, and maybe would have gotten one Oscar nomination, but wouldn't have won anything.
Brad Pitt did a great job in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He's also one of my most favorite actors.

/mancrush
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by st.stephen
I actually think it's because the only part of the film worth nominating was really Heath Ledger. He upstaged the whole movie pretty much. Without him, the movie would have been alright, and maybe would have gotten one Oscar nomination, but wouldn't have won anything.

I happened to like the soundtrack......

The whole thing is on my "Top 25 Played" playlist on my iPod.

Quote by angusfan16
Brad Pitt did a great job in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He's also one of my most favorite actors.

/mancrush

I haven't seen it.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I saw where it said "Nom" and thought this would be about food.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by st.stephen

i totally agree. and the score isnt fantastic tbh, nothing will ever beat the elfman scores of the Tim burton batman films
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
slumdog is the best movie deffffinatly
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by BobChicken
i totally agree. and the score isnt fantastic tbh, nothing will ever beat the elfman scores of the Tim burton batman films

I actually like this one more than the Elfman scores.It's definitely more fitting to this Batman.

Quote by uk.mace
I swear this thread's already been done... just saying

Maybe...I looked first but found nothing.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I knew the TDK wouldn't be nominated. You have to face it, movies like Batman, Spider-man, Superman (although Superman got best special FX or something), superhero movies just aren't respected by the academy. They like life-changing, biopics and things that just touch your heart. Regardless of whether or not a superhero movie does that, they don't care. If it's got something to do with Marvel or DC, they dismiss it.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by jack15_11
I Think Heath ledger should win the best supporting actor. No Doubts

Robert Downey Jr. FTW! The Dark Knight was meh.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by mreed1990

so I'm not the only one!
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by st.stephen

I agree with this. If it weren't for Heath Ledger being there to counter the corny voice acting from Batman, the whole movie would have been a joke.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
slumdog is the best movie deffffinatly

I agree.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I actually like this one more than the Elfman scores.It's definitely more fitting to this Batman.

Thats a fair point, but i think that the Burton films create the more fitting image of Batman, as a very dark mysterious character, and so Elfman's score works much better there
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by mreed1990

THANK YOU i'm not the only one lol
Go Veg.
I vote Searchbar for best picture.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.