I've got a Jackson King V w/ Alder body, and I'm looking for a pickup combination that will give me a sound similar to an EMG 81 (b)/ EMG 60 (n), w/o actually being active. Metallica is my main band to cover so something that will give me decent tones for distortion and cleans.
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Get the Seymour Duncan "Dimebucker". I have one in the bridge with a DiMarzio Evolution in the neck and it works pretty well for me
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon sounds great in my LP - high gain for being passive

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
i like dimarzio X2N, theres a neck and bridge version.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Dimebucker and X2n are both crap in my and, if I'm not mistaken, many others' opinions.

If you want an active sound with passives, then qithout a question you should get DiMarzio D-Activators; it's what they're designed to do and they do it well, although I'd suggest a PAF Pro in the neck if you want to retain cleans. It's kickass in the neck of any guitar for almost anything, so you can't go wrong.
Dimebuckers are AWFUL.

Check out DiMarzio D-Sonic and D-Activator, Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz or JB/'59 set, or shell out a bit more for Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats.
Quote by Danno13
Dimebuckers are AWFUL.

Check out DiMarzio D-Sonic and D-Activator, Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz or JB/'59 set, or shell out a bit more for Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats.

I daresay that if he could afford BKPs he'd be better off with a Miracle Man in the Bridge, but I concur with the Cold Sweat in the neck.
^Good call. A WarPig or Nailbomb could also suit, provided he has something suitably mellow in the neck.
HANG ON A SEC.

REALITY CHECK.
Pickups won't do shit through a Spider; I can't believe I didn't notice before.

Save up for a new amp, nothing else is really going to help your tone.
Quote by Rock Pig
HANG ON A SEC.

REALITY CHECK.
Pickups won't do shit through a Spider; I can't believe I didn't notice before.

Save up for a new amp, nothing else is really going to help your tone.

How did I miss that!?

New amp. NOW.