Which monster cable do you prefer and what are the differences between the Monster Rock, Monster Jazz, and the Performer 500 cables? I heard that monster cables alters your signal, is this bad? I know they are overpriced, but out of these three, which do you prefer?
I have a monster rock cable, does it make your sound bad in your opinion?
Monsters are overrated, overpriced and overused. They're not boutique or top-of-the-line cables as they would have you believe, and every single quality cable brand also offers lifetime warranties on their products. As well, Monsters have rather high capacitance in comparison to others in a similar price range (Planet Waves, Mogami, George L's) They also apparently alter your tone by boosting mids. Mid boost is not clarity, and screwing with the EQ is the last thing most players want out of a cable.

They're better than cheapo cables, but there is so much better in the same price range.

Most of what I put up there is my opinion. If you like your Monster cable, good for you, but try out some similarly-priced cables with your setup.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i have the studio pro 1000(the white tipping one i think) and the monster rock. there were some improvements when i upgraded them from these 20 dollar cable for sure
Quote by Raijouta
Monsters are overrated, overpriced and overused. They're not boutique or top-of-the-line cables as they would have you believe, and every single quality cable brand also offers lifetime warranties on their products. As well, Monsters have rather high capacitance in comparison to others in a similar price range (Planet Waves, Mogami, George L's) They also apparently alter your tone by boosting mids. Mid boost is not clarity, and screwing with the EQ is the last thing most players want out of a cable.

They're better than cheapo cables, but there is so much better in the same price range.

Most of what I put up there is my opinion. If you like your Monster cable, good for you, but try out some similarly-priced cables with your setup.

+1
I'd get something like a Death Valley Cable, or build my own.
Quote by kckyle
i have the studio pro 1000(the white tipping one i think) and the monster rock. there were some improvements when i upgraded them from these 20 dollar cable for sure

Those are probably the only monsters worth buying, though in that range I'd probably look mogami or lava since I don't like monster.

The rock cables are a huge flippin waste though, I'd take GC livewires over them any day at half the price and still having a lifetime warranty.

I'm going to by making some george l cables with switchcraft jacks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Im not really a studio musician, mostly a gigging one. I went from $10 ones to these monster rocks and they really reduce noise and buzzing when they are moved around. Plus, they seem to be good at being quiet until you strum the guitar. I can pick up the guitar now and hear no noise till i strum it. They also seem more clear and more durable then my old ones. I know these aren't the best in the price range. But, do you think they will sound alright live for blues, country, and rock? Do i at least have a cable that gets the job done? About the EQ, how much does it mess with your EQ? Thats my main concern.
They're ok, I wouldn't throw them away or anything, but you can get similar quality and a lifetime warranty for cheaper is all. Planet waves, livewire etc. If you're handy with a soldering iron building your own cables is extremely cost effective.
Not really concerned that much that i overpayed. My main concern is the cable negatively affecting my tone by boosting the mids.
Great cables...

Lifetime warranties, basically. Just take it into a GC, and you get a new one almost immediately, free of charge. Nice cable jacks as well... Flexible but durable wire...

If you want good cable, just make your own.
I don't know why people mention the lifetime warranty, pretty much everything but the cables they throw in the cheapie bin have a lifetime warranty. It's like saying, "This car comes with wheels!"
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't know why people mention the lifetime warranty, pretty much everything but the cables they throw in the cheapie bin have a lifetime warranty. It's like saying, "This car comes with wheels!"

Not so much.

Try returning a Livewire cable 6 years after you bought it...

Monsters, if ANYTHING happens to them, they replace it, no questions asked.
You just return it, it's not too hard.
Never had to, they make a pretty good cable. Either way, if (big if) it crapped out in six years and I was out 15 dollars, what kind of loss would that be?

Have you ever tried to return one and not gotten a replacement?
Monster cables sound muddier than other cables I've tried.
I'd rather have something clear than a Monster which tries to make my tone more bassy.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Never had to, they make a pretty good cable. Either way, if (big if) it crapped out in six years and I was out 15 dollars, what kind of loss would that be?

Have you ever tried to return one and not gotten a replacement?

yuppers.

Livewire Speaker Cable stopped working, said it was due to normal wear and tear. No replacement. .

To the person above me... I'd like to see you do an A/B with two different cables, blind test. Anyways, Monster has horrible business ethics... They have sued countless small companies called Monster to keep the rights to the name - they even sued a small miniature golf course called monster golf...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
yuppers.

Livewire Speaker Cable stopped working, said it was due to normal wear and tear. No replacement. .

To the person above me... I'd like to see you do an A/B with two different cables, blind test. Anyways, Monster has horrible business ethics... They have sued countless small companies called Monster to keep the rights to the name - they even sued a small miniature golf course called monster golf...

I have done before, hence why I said what I did. Monsters are muddy.
Quote by Horlicks
I have done before, hence why I said what I did. Monsters are muddy.

Not in my experience... I have done George L + Neutrik jacks, and Monster Cables, and there wasn't much diference... I suppose if you are running a large pedalboard and need patch cables it might come into play, or if you are using 18 feet of cable, but other then that...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Not in my experience... I have done George L + Neutrik jacks, and Monster Cables, and there wasn't much diference... I suppose if you are running a large pedalboard and need patch cables it might come into play, or if you are using 18 feet of cable, but other then that...

Ah, haven't tried the George Ls so I couldn't compare.
Btw, you might want to delete one of your double posts back there.
If you wana have a good cable., go make some. I recommend klotz cable and neutrik plugs. You'll never have to worry about replacements and warranties because you'll know what to do if your cables broke.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots