Im looking for a good 2x12 combo amp that has an external speaker jack so that later on i can hook it up to a bigger cab speaker.
i don't have much money to spend, cuz im a teenager with no job :/ i only have around $350...

i bought a vox valve amp that fits what i'm looking for, but i just wasn't really diggin the tones and vox amps don't look very attractive. So does anyone know of any amps that are 2x12 and have an external speaker jack?
what kind of music do you play? also, is the reason you want a 2x12 with a speaker out is to add volume?
well i play mainly rock, metal, and hardcore so im looking for an amp with some good solid gain. and ya im looking for a 2x12 for volume and so that when i put it on a 4x12 cab it won't look wierd
wow looks, really?

First of all, more speakers doesn't equal more volume necessarily, second, you won't find a good 212 amp for $350.

Go for B-52 AT-112. Its $360, a sweet, versatile tube amp for metal and rock and plenty of gain, and an external jack.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Where in the world did you find an all tube Vox for $350? An AC30 I take it?
its probably not a tube amp, or its the ac15

edit: and I would suggest a crate v33 or something of the sort.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Jan 22, 2009,
i actually found the vox at my local samash, its normailly $420, but it was on sale for $350.
i know u guys probably think im retarded for wanting to return it, but i just don't like the tones on the amp, the effects are ok though.
I've never heard of an AC30 for $420 either.

Are you sure it wasn't a hybrid AD series amp?
you know al112987 there is such a thing as a vox ac15, it doesnt have to be the ac30...but still 350 for the ac15 would be a major bargain. its probably the ad series.

edit: nvm. and TS thats not a tube amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Jan 22, 2009,
to fifer, i said it was a valve amp. does valve and tube mean the same thing? sorry i don't know anything about amps:P
its ok, valve and tube do generally mean the same thing. I dont know much about those amps, but I do know that they are hybrid, they are not complitely tube and not complitely ss...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
you know al112987 there is such a thing as a vox ac15, it doesnt have to be the ac30...but still 350 for the ac15 would be a major bargain. its probably the ad series.

edit: nvm. and TS thats not a tube amp...

AC15 is a 1x12
and who said Vox amps werent attractive.

If anything there sexiest looking amps out there.

But thats just my opinion.
Quote by al112987
AC15 is a 1x12

he never mentioned how many speakers were in it, he just said he was looking for a 2x12, or atleast thats what I understood..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
but anyway, I would suggest either a crate v series, or a palomino series.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by DaddyBarbs
wow looks, really?

First of all, more speakers doesn't equal more volume necessarily, second, you won't find a good 212 amp for $350.

Go for B-52 AT-112. Its $360, a sweet, versatile tube amp for metal and rock and plenty of gain, and an external jack.

more speakers does equal more volume. They push more air than 2 speakers even if both have the same amount of power
Ah man you have one level down of what I have (The AD120VT)... If only you had something lower down I could give you mine for that cash because im pretty desperate haha! To be honest man I've tried ALOT of combo amps and I think for the price and the value you get with Vox you shouldn't stray. Marshall combos (personally) I find are very tinny and don't have depth. Hughes and Kettner aren't worth mentioning.... And you don't have enough money for big spending like mesa combos.... However Peavey make some pretty decent 2X12s! Go to your nearest guitar store and play around, that's definately the best way Good luck. x
'None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free'