I'm really getting sick of it. I told myself awhile ago i would stop caring about these ignorant fags comments on my videos. But everyday there seems to be more and more of them. Well, posting on here, i figured i get some more better answers, considering most of you actually play guitar in some form.

So i was wondering what some of you thought about this improvise video i made awhile ago. Its just some minor/diminished licks and sweeps i put together. And maybe someone can leave me a decent comment. I 110% graunteed this is not 'fake'. I mean, what, sped up? Dude, i dont' even know how to speed up video. Unless there someway with windows movie maker you can that i haven't realized.

I just don't get it.

This is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFSrhvNfVWs
SICfreak
Because it is fake.
I took a media class, and I can tell sped up **** over real.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Well I see where they're coming from. The movements seem really blocky and jerky, which leads to the assumption that its sped up. I'm not saying it is or isn't, just saying I can see what they're saying. Sounds pretty good though, regardless.
I won't begrudge you for doing it, but it does look as if your left hand was slightly sped up...though your right is not. Therefore, the video is not sped up, it's not that hard to believe man, you've just got a lot of people who are jealous...

The one thing I'd have to say to anyone still disbelieving is that you anchor your hand when you pick with your ring and pinky fingers, and therefore you have an insane amount of muscle memory built up that tells you exactly how much to move to play something; Making it feasible that you would easily be able to play that fast...though technically it's a bad habit, do whatever works...

-TFA
wow, was this a waste of time.

Any real guitar players out there? Please, anyone?
SICfreak
When you move your fingers slowly your actions aren't precise, so you adjust then speed the video up, the result is a jerky/ twitchy motion. The result is the signature look of poor stop motion animations. Translation- sped up, still sounds good if that's any consolation.
Let me tell you how to prove it once and for all. Put a clock with a moving second hand in the background. The camera lens MUST be able to see the second hand as it sweeps. That's the only way you'll shut down those who say you're cheating.
The part at :20 looks extremely sped up.

My suggestion to these people who call fake would be to throw that down with others around you, playing along.

Technically, you could speed it up then, but at least you have "Who the **** would really do that?" to go along with you.

But yea, **** looks fake bro, sorry.
Well if it isn't sped up then you could obviously make another video with a timer in the back, maybe a pal just chilling out, and a t.v. going, maybe a kitty cat eating some food, you know stuff like that to show that it isn't sped up. I can't say definitively whether or not it's been sped up, but I'm leaning towards sped up. It looks all stop motiony if you know what I mean, like it's been sped up.
fake video is fake.
and very obviously fake.

and yes you can do it in windows movie maker, i can in mine atleast. ive done it for ****s and giggles.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by KG6_Steven
Let me tell you how to prove it once and for all. Put a clock with a moving second hand in the background. The camera lens MUST be able to see the second hand as it sweeps. That's the only way you'll shut down those who say you're cheating.

thats exactly what i thought about doing. I just feel stupid for having to do something like that.
SICfreak
I wouldn't feel stupid for having to do it. Once you do that, or something similar, you're going to have a lot of jealous fans. lol

The idea with the TV going in the background is also good - anything that, when sped up, would be evident.
Quote by sicfreak91
thats exactly what i thought about doing. I just feel stupid for having to do something like that.

Why would you feel stupid, you'd be shutting up all the skeptics and proving your insane skill with a guitar. You'd be coming out on top, so if you can actualy play like that then why couldn't you have another video up later today?
Quote by david_highland
Why would you feel stupid, you'd be shutting up all the skeptics and proving your insane skill with a guitar. You'd be coming out on top, so if you can actualy play like that then why couldn't you have another video up later today?

+1
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by david_highland

i'll try the TV idea. i dont have a hand clock or anything
SICfreak
what ive seen people use-

-hanging a lanyard from something and making it go back and forth
-the guitarists children playing in the background
-TVs
-Full screen clocks on computers
-metronomes
-oscillating fans on a low speed

those are just a few incase you wanted a different idea.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

It does look like it was speed up. Why? Because when you are really playing fast stuff, your fingers doesn't move any faster, but they just move less. In the video it looks like your fingers is moving faster.
Take look at malmsteen, petrucci, satch shredding and you can see their fingers is not even lifting from the fretboard.

Of course, i could be wrong, but is it my first impression of the video.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS