This seems like a question that i shouldn't be asking the pit, but...

Recently i have decided that i want to do one of two things with my post secondary education. I would either like to study music composition and history or i would like to go for a degree in history, specifically either Ancient Greece, or Roman History and the rise of christianity.

Now i just was wondering the common opinion among you guys.

What do you think about studying history after high school?
Not much you can do with a degree in that.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
History is indeed very interesting. But archaeology lets you be Indiana Jones, and has elements of history.
Do that.
Da da da daaaaaa da da daaa.....
The only thing you can do that i can thing of is become a history teacher

and work at museums and stuff
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Hanzi_G

Same with sociology, philosophy and all sorts of other subjects at further education.

However, employers like the transferable skills. That's why it's worth studying.
Basically, it's like having a degree in Philosophy. The only thing you can do with it is to teach it to other people, who teach others to teach others etc, etc. Oh, and if you have badass facial hair you can talk about **** on the history channel. Go for it dude!
Quote by Hanzi_G

Quiet you.

I'm at Waterloo in my first year and planning on majoring in history. Probably ancient history. They're the best ones. You know, Rome, Greece, Egypt, ancient world stuff. I like my classes. Just try to stay away from indepth 20th century history courses. I got bored out of my mind.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Lots you can do, you just need the right degree, and have to be pretty damn competative.

Or it's a good degree to prep for several types of professional schools.

Indeed. A surprising number of companies will take ANY graduate, so long as you have a good degree, and impress at interview.
They're more interested in seeing that you can learn and work hard, and will then train you themselves.
I've been looking into taking history as well. It has jobs but as i saw up above it is going to be a competitive job field
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Well, I just got 95% in my American History exam
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by rock_star77
Quiet you.

I'm at Waterloo in my first year and planning on majoring in history. Probably ancient history. They're the best ones. You know, Rome, Greece, Egypt, ancient world stuff. I like my classes. Just try to stay away from indepth 20th century history courses. I got bored out of my mind.

Yea. I wasnt a big fan of 20th century history. But this year i took a high school course on ancient history, and luckily enough, i had a brilliant teacher, and she has really inspired me to learn more about it. I forgot my other area of interest, that i didnt mention was meso american, like teh mayans and stuff. My culminating essay was on the nature of mayan religion and it really opened my eyes to these peoples beliefs and the like.
Quote by PinkFloyd73
Yea. I wasnt a big fan of 20th century history. But this year i took a high school course on ancient history, and luckily enough, i had a brilliant teacher, and she has really inspired me to learn more about it. I forgot my other area of interest, that i didnt mention was meso american, like teh mayans and stuff. My culminating essay was on the nature of mayan religion and it really opened my eyes to these peoples beliefs and the like.

If you like meso americans and stuff, you should look into Anthropology. They do tons of work with that. And they double as archaeologists if you get the right degree!
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!