Page 1 of 2
I've got Rush's Subdivisions on right now and there's something I can't quite explain about it that's really getting to me.

I'm listening to the song and I find that the lyrics are really cutting through me, really emotional and heart-felt, more than normal songs.

Everything about this song is perfect-the composition, the singing style..just everything.

It's on repeat in my head, playing over and over.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Last edited by Fassa Albrecht at Jan 22, 2009,
No, but probably because my brother is a huge Rush fan, and I wake up every morning to the song.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Emo...

Actually, sometimes songs do speak to me, but it doesn't happen often.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
I normally get annoying songs stuck in my head and i dont like it
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Subdivisions is probably one of the greatest songs ever written. Lyrically I'm not drawn to it much more than I am any of Rush's other songs - and I say that as an avowed fan of Rush's music, Geddy's singing and Neil Peart's lyrics - but of all the songs in their catalogue this has got to be one of the best.
...It's Rush...It's written with meaning...nice pic, Steven Wilson is awesome
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I'm listening now, will get back to you

EDIT: good song, good lyrics, didn't connect, sorry
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by DayVBayB at Jan 22, 2009,
This sounds like the time my bass started talking to me in Latin.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92

Don't even go there...
I get the same with a kings of leon song i'm not a big fan but its like a thrist feeling, i also get smells from some songs from when i was younger, walk of life and born in the usa...
When songs just work, its one of the best feelings in the world.

Rediscovering a song that you havent heard in ages (and I'm meaning years here, not months) by mistake, that you didnt know the name of or artist, and you hear the melody and everything just fits into place. Thats amazing to me.
Quote by dubstar92

Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
C'mon guys, this is starting to scare me. I'm losing my mind thanks to Geddy Lee.....

Fassa, I think your insane and really need to get some help.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I feel that way about most prog music in general. It's just a step above the rest (for me, anyways).
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I've got Rush's Subdivisions on right now and there's something I can't quite explain about it that's really getting to me.

I'm listening to the song and I find that the lyrics are really cutting through me, really emotional and heart-felt, more than normal songs.

Everything about this song is perfect-the composition, the singing style..just everything.

It's on repeat in my head, playing over and over.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

One time a c.d cut through me too. Damn rough edges
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
It's just another side to Rush's musical ability.

The sounds just irk me.

In my opinion, the only band that has better chemistry between it's members than Rush is Black Sabbath's first lineup. Just the combination of styles and how they mix together to create one mass of perfect music that still has all it's parts audible. It's hard to explain, all the sounds just "move" together for me.
Quote by Trefellin
The sounds just irk me.

In my opinion, the only band that has better chemistry between it's members than Rush is Black Sabbath's first lineup. Just the combination of styles and how they mix together to create one mass of perfect music that still has all it's parts audible. It's hard to explain, all the sounds just "move" together for me.

Now this is what I'm talking about!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Now this is what I'm talking about!

Yeah, Rush and Sabbath are the only two bands I can call perfect. They both have many albums that I love every second of every band member's contribution. Of course, I don't like some of the later work but musicians evolve, change and want to try new things.
Also: play the song. On whatever instrument. Learn it and play it and you will probably find that it is an even more rewarding way to experience the music especially with a long like that. I felt the exact same way about Chain Lightning (that's right, a Presto song) when I first listened to it.
Quote by joemama9119
Also: play the song. On whatever instrument. Learn it and play it and you will probably find that it is an even more rewarding way to experience the music especially with a long like that. I felt the exact same way about Chain Lightning (that's right, a Presto song) when I first listened to it.

I don't play synths that well but I think I'm going to give this my best shot.
I get this some times, but with different songs.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Page 1 of 2