My GMD Luther arrived today!

Excellent price and was shipped in no time. GMD is a great person to deal with.

Craftsmanship is top-notch.

Warning: I'm horrible at describing tone, but I'll give it a shot.

Using my LP Jr and AC15, I a/b/c'ed it with a TS9 and TS808. I'm gonna a/b it with my FD2 later tonight.

First thing that I had noticed was the treble. I'm not a treble-type a guy. I usually set my amp and pedals a tad dark. Then I dial in just a bit of treble, for some bite. Well the treble on the Luther is very well-rounded. Even with the tone knob turned up, it doesn't get that "tinny" sound, which I can't stand.

Second thing is the pedal's voicing. It just stands out over the other two 'screamers. I went through the whole range of the tone knobs on each pedal. When the pedals were set, with compairable tone, the Luther just stood out.

I also tried it as a boost. I set the gain at 8 o'clock, tone around 11 and volume maxxed. Worked out really nice on the AC15. Then I tried it on my Champion 600. That also worked pretty good too. I did have to turn the volume down a tad though.

Now for the most important question: Is he really Jack Black???
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
funny how you say you can't describe tones..it's the first time in a long time that I don't have to read the description twice to figure out what exactly is being said.

--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.