I've got an Acoustic B100. Great amp. With my 5 string, usually while playing on the B string, stuff starts to rattle and humm. I'm not sure if that's just objects in the room (a glass table, a computer, a tv, etc), or the amp's speaker. When I sit on top of my amp it usually stops most of the humming, but I'm not sure if that's just because my feet in front of the amp are muffling the sound, causing less sound to get to the items in the room. The cab itself isn't rocking on the ground, it's totally level. Could the speaker be loose in the cab, or is it most likely the objects in the room? I just got the amp last month.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
I can't imagine it'd stop when you sit on it if it was a speaker blowout, more likely the cab structure isn't sound.
Take it back to the shop to get it checked out.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
the speaker is probably just loose in the cab. no big deal just tighten the screws. you would know if you blew a speaker.
it doesnt sound like it is much to worry about.

when you play the b string (which is b1 which = 50 - 80 hertz area i cant remember exactly) things around your room which have a simpathetic frequency will resonate when the sound vibrations reach them.

someone please correct me if i am getting this wrong

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
it doesnt sound like it is much to worry about.

when you play the b string (which is b1 which = 50 - 80 hertz area i cant remember exactly) things around your room which have a simpathetic frequency will resonate when the sound vibrations reach them.

someone please correct me if i am getting this wrong

x

try B0 and <40hz but yeah your probably on the right lines, a lot of the vibration is probably items in your room moving
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
try B0 and <40hz but yeah your probably on the right lines, a lot of the vibration is probably items in your room moving

B0 really?
i was sure it was B1

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by shinhoman
B0 really?
i was sure it was B1

x

nah your E string is E1

so count down to B and you go E1, D1, C1, B0, etc etc
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
nah your E string is E1

so count down to B and you go E1, D1, C1, B0, etc etc

ahh yeah. good call.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I tried setting up in another room, this time the den, where there is only a couch and a wall mounted tv and of course the home theater setup ( :P ) and I didn't get much vibration at all. Just a tiny bit, but of course that's when I was plucking as hard as I could at the B string.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
Quote by Smartass
I tried setting up in another room, this time the den, where there is only a couch and a wall mounted tv and of course the home theater setup ( :P ) and I didn't get much vibration at all. Just a tiny bit, but of course that's when I was plucking as hard as I could at the B string.

Then it is clearly the **** in your room.