Page 1 of 4
Seriously, this is pretty crappy.

I found this out from the audiologist who I see regularly. He reckons that with my bass, the amount of music I listen to and my lifestyle, I could be deaf by 40.

HELP!
Turn down your music a little? Sorry, not trying to be mean.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by Sonis3
Turn down your music a little?

some people might bich at me for saying this but the ONLY way to listen is LOUD

just my opinion. Yes ik ill go deaf.
I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do to help in anyway at all.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
ear plugs? when you play live mebbe?

I can imagine i am going to go deaf, i listen to faaaaaaar to much music, all the time.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
why loud?

why?

why bother other people and your hearing?

it sounds the same when its turned down.

stop being a dumb
I predict this to be the case for about half of teenagers these days, let alone the musicians among them. Everyone listens to their music so loud, it's nuts.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
You're talking to someone who listens to music for at least 5h a day, plays bass for 2 and is generally in love with music.
Quote by ninja.kitty
why loud?

why?

stop being a dumb

hahaha stop being dumb from a person called ninja kitty
Quote by ninja.kitty
why loud?

why?

stop being a dumb

Tube amps usually sound better when the volume is higher.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Seriously, this is pretty crappy.

I found this out from the audiologist who I see regularly. He reckons that with my bass, the amount of music I listen to and my lifestyle, I could be deaf by 40.

HELP!

What? Do you smoke and drink whisky through your ears or something?
you could be deaf much sooner than then, I imagine. Wear earplugs. Get a nice set that dont attenuate the highs so much and youll be fine. Also, get HEADphones instead of EARphones.
Get better headphones for your mp3/phone/walkman or whatever you listen to music from.

Seriously, on my bus there's the racket of the engine and screaming kids; noise canceling headphones or over ear ones mean I don't have to crank it completely to be able to hear it!
Sell your bass and ruffle the money you get for it together and listen to that. It'll be way less painful on your ears.
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
Quote by Knackersacky
What? Do you smoke and drink whisky through your ears or something?

I spend a lot of time in noisy places, and I live in a noisy part of town.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

What else can I do?

Really enjoy life until you're 40, and then find something else to love that doesn't involve sound. Like mime artistry.
ummmmmm.....so wat if ur deaf....beethoven went deaf and look at him,...o wait hes dead....sorry=(
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by shoolocomous
you could be deaf much sooner than then, I imagine. Wear earplugs. Get a nice set that dont attenuate the highs so much and youll be fine. Also, get HEADphones instead of EARphones.

agreed, headphones help isolate sound. Comes in handy if you intend to NOT hear like grandpa
Quote by _synystergates_
hahaha stop being dumb from a person called ninja kitty

thats right.

and dont forget it
Quote by Guitar Guy21
Tube amps usually sound better when the volume is higher.

i know that, im talking about when he listens to music though
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You're talking to someone who listens to music for at least 5h a day, plays bass for 2 and is generally in love with music.

Congrats.

Its possible to be in love with music without blasting it. In fact, I find that most of the people that blast music are the ones that do it for the attention and to show off their uber c00l subwoofs.
Quote by _synystergates_
some people might bich at me for saying this but the ONLY way to listen is LOUD

just my opinion. Yes ik ill go deaf.

you love music so much you're not going to stop yourself going deaf.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by soccermom
ear plugs? when you play live mebbe?

I can imagine i am going to go deaf, i listen to faaaaaaar to much music, all the time.

This.

I know a guy who was told the same thing and now he carries earplugs all the time.

You might not be deaf, but you'll have serious impairment. One way that will help would be to listen to music through speakers or over-ear headphones rather than in-ear, that'll make a massive difference.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Earplugs suck too...

I hated earplugs at first, but you get used to them. I had to wear them when I was working in a machine shop, unsafe decibels everywhere...
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Last edited by ravioli123 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I spend a lot of time in noisy places, and I live in a noisy part of town.

Then move if you have the money.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Fassa Albrecht

why are you even posting here if all you're gonna do is tell us how stubborn you are? if you just want people to know you're super awesome because you sacrificed your hearing for music then do it somewhere else, or in another thread.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Then move if you have the money.

I can't- I'm a student and when I graduate I'll probably remain where I am.
Quote by dark_gilbert

you love music so much you're not going to stop yourself going deaf.

aye but im smart, this dumbass is going deaf by age 40 XD haha
Yes but a life spent with music is a well spent one.
Quote by ninja.kitty
why loud?

why?

stop being a dumb

I really dont know anyone who listens to any Metal or Rock or anything with guitar for that matter with LOW volume. It's almost meant to be loud even if it means going partially deaf. I really don't care if it bothers other people. my music is my music just because you dont like it doesnt mean i should turn it down......
Page 1 of 4