Page 1 of 9
Do you guys actually care about Pit popularity and how many people recognize you? I notice everyone talks so much about Kensai and metaldud and 'epic threadz' and all that stuff and it makes me wonder how much of a priority it is for some of you to get yourselves out in the open here and gain attention. It's not necessarily a bad thing; I don't mean to criticize you or anything, I just wonder what some thoughts are on the topic. It's intriguing to me that some people (maybe newer users, maybe regular Pit goers) take such pleasure in associating with some of the better-known members without much legitimate intent.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't. I don't care if no one loves me.

I cry myself to sleep.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I cry myself to sleep at night just because im not popular in a guitar forum
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by JezuzFingerz
I'm sorry who are you?

No one you need to know. It's not about me
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well I don't care about "pit popularity" to be honest. It is kinda sad when people try to be cool and what not and get people to like them on the internet.

Flame away.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
ALL I WANT IS TO BE NOTICED.

Seriously. It's sad. Please... just notice me... I'll wash your car, really I will...
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
It'd be nice to have someone say "hey dio_dude! great job on that thread back there! you nailed it!" but oooooh no no recognition whatsoever!
I don't like being recognized.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
i dont care, ive been here for over than my join date says, i just like to sit back and relax and watch the show
Quote by rock_star77
ALL I WANT IS TO BE NOTICED.

Seriously. It's sad. Please... just notice me... I'll wash your car, really I will...

Is there a happy ending?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Because I have no friends in real life, I compensate by trying to get popularity amongst a motley group of internet and guitar nerds, while crying myself to sleep knowing I'll never be Kensai or metaldud or even f*cking imdeth.

WHAT DO THEY HAVE THAT I DON'T? WHYYYYYYYYYY?

(aside from dashing good looks, a personality and the ability to throw out witty one liners).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
if one of the famous UGers (like metaldud or kensai or any other ones) ever happens to fall/ get perma-banned, i will take their place!!!!

*strikes noble pose*
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Masamune
I don't really care about it at all. I think people just recognize my avatar anyways.

I don't recognise your avatar but I do recognise your name, I mean, Masamune, awesome sword in so many videogames, named after the famous swordsmith Masamune, what is there NOT to recognise?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by dio_dude
It'd be nice to have someone say "hey dio_dude! great job on that thread back there! you nailed it!" but oooooh no no recognition whatsoever!

hey dio_dude! great job on that thread back there! you nailed it!

Hey You!
Quote by vintage x metal
Do you guys actually care about Pit popularity and how many people recognize you? I notice everyone talks so much about Kensai and metaldud and 'epic threadz' and all that stuff and it makes me wonder how much of a priority it is for some of you to get yourselves out in the open here and gain attention. It's not necessarily a bad thing; I don't mean to criticize you or anything, I just wonder what some thoughts are on the topic. It's intriguing to me that some people (maybe newer users, maybe regular Pit goers) take such pleasure in associating with some of the better-known members without much legitimate intent.

Being popular in the Pit is not neccessarily a good thing. If anyone does care, they are hurting and I feel sorry for them.

Quote by esther_mouse
I don't recognise your avatar but I do recognise your name, I mean, Masamune, awesome sword in so many videogames, named after the famous swordsmith Masamune, what is there NOT to recognise?

This. Plus you used to have a Sephiroth avatar didn't you?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by boreamor
I KNOW YOU!

No you don't
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
It's not a priority, but it would be pretty cool to be really well-known. You girls have it easy, just put "is a girl" as your user title and you get 500 page views in one day.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
i was metaldud's pokémon apprentice...

i don't crave attention...

honest.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
To become the greatest Pit Master is my dream.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by angusfan16
To become the greatest Pit Master is my dream.

u will fail! that is my dream! i will be ur rival! grrrrrr
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by boreamor
Well, you gotta post 'em all.

Nice one dude

Hey You!
Quote by dubstar92
I don't like being recognized.

Well your info under your username points to that being a lie. So you do seek attention!
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
whatever man, it's just the internet, but it's a good boost to the 'ol self-esteem train
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

i strive for attention so much around here

please check mah profile

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
People sometimes recognise me for owning Reaper_X in his 'This is THE Pit" thread...thats about it. But I likes UG regardless of whether I'm Ub3r-f@/\/\0u5 or not.

..I'm not. >_>
Quote by esther_mouse

I didn't even know there was a swordsmith named Masamune. How embarrassing.

Quote by Jericho114
This. Plus you used to have a Sephiroth avatar didn't you?

No, I've had this same avatar since I registered.
Last edited by Masamune at Jan 22, 2009,
When I first joined UG I used to post a lot more than I do now. I was never really popular but there were a few people who used to recognise me (at least I think so haha!). Anyways, those few who did recognise me either don't come here at all anymore or very rarely.
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by Freezer Burn
It's not a priority, but it would be pretty cool to be really well-known. You girls have it easy, just put "is a girl" as your user title and you get 500 page views in one day.

I dunno; I don't really like that at all tbh. Having people give your contributions more attention just because you're a girl feels cheap and unsatisfying. I know people sugarcoat things, and I know I probably won't be taken as seriously as first, especially when it comes to music talk.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja