This may seem stupid but i've always had trouble with galloping, I suck with accuracy If I have to play something to the equivlant like this:

|-------------------------------------------|
|-2---8---9/10-----7/8-----5----5/7-----4/5-|
|-0-0-6-0-7/8---0--5/6--0--3--0-3/5--0--2/3-|

I always have trouble hitting those two strings, I hit an extra or miss, any tips on how to increase my accuracy..?
Quote by Herotime
Metronome! Would greatly help your accuracy!

I hate those annoying things, but I know they work, many of my friends use them while practicing.
try it slow at first.

metronome isn't 100% necessary, but it might help.

just slowly increase speed.

what song is that, anyway?
well, one thing that i realize when i started to play is that i needed to be conformable with my fingerings that means that if your fingering the second string with your ring finger and its hard, try to fingerred it with your pinky. to me that single details made my chords much easy to play and sound better of course. and slow it down!
my advice, pretty much same as metallica_man55's start slooooowly. thats the kinda thing that you start slow on and speed up until youve got it. think it has something to do with muscle memory? anyway.. do it as fast as you can ACCURATELY, then speed up a little every once in a while as much as you can but still accurately.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
try it slow at first.

metronome isn't 100% necessary, but it might help.

just slowly increase speed.

what song is that, anyway?

It's Mouth For War by Pantera, it's the first song that comes to mind when I think of the galloping technique. Thanks for the advice people.
Oi, next time add the code links, like so:
|-2---8---9/10-----7/8-----5----5/7-----4/5-|
|-0-0-6-0-7/8---0--5/6--0--3--0-3/5--0--2/3-| 
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Last edited by Froboarder at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Dwayne_S
my advice, pretty much same as metallica_man55's start slooooowly. thats the kinda thing that you start slow on and speed up until youve got it. think it has something to do with muscle memory? anyway.. do it as fast as you can ACCURATELY, then speed up a little every once in a while as much as you can but still accurately.

yes.

it's better to play it slow and correctly than fast and wrong. your fingers memorize the positions.