Both these guys are pretty similar....and both seem to be very versatile, which is just what I'm looking for, since I'm going from indie to hard rock range.

The real difference between these guys seem to be the price tag--around $150. Is there anything the Tempest Classic has over the C-1 Classic to justify the price diff?
Last edited by Always-Ben at Jan 22, 2009,
internets- very difficult.

C-1 CLASSIC

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Neck-Thru /25.5”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Multi-Ply Maple & Walnut/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 Jumbo
INLAYS: “Vine of Life”
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4)
& Jazz (SH-2n)
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone/5-Way Mega
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/ thru-body
BINDING: Creme (neck/headstock)
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Satin Gold
COLOR: Antique Amber (ANTQ)

US RETAIL PRICE: $1069

TEMPEST CLASSIC

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 24.75”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Solid Flame Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc Mahogany / Ebony
FRETS: 22 Jumbo
INLAYS: MOP & Abalone Crown
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan SH-11/SH-1N
ELECTRONICS: 2 Vol/2 Tone (tap) 3-way switch
BRIDGE: TonePros System
BINDING: Multi-ply
HARDWARE: Chrome
COLOR: 3-Tone Sunburst (3TSB)

US RETAIL PRICE: $1199

one of the things that bother me most about this forum is that about 60% of the questions asked can be answered either by an internet search or by playing the instrument/s in question.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Last edited by staticoverdub at Jan 22, 2009,
why don't you go to the guitar store and try both of them and make the sales rep explain to you the difference. just see which one feels better, and then see which one sounds better. the C and Tempest are different bodies as well. if i was you, i would pick the tempest classic.
It's all about feel
Quote by staticoverdub
internets- very difficult.

C-1 CLASSIC

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Neck-Thru /25.5”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Multi-Ply Maple & Walnut/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 Jumbo
INLAYS: “Vine of Life”
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4)
& Jazz (SH-2n)
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone/5-Way Mega
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/ thru-body
BINDING: Creme (neck/headstock)
HARDWARE: Satin Gold
COLOR: Antique Amber (ANTQ)

US RETAIL PRICE: $1069

TEMPEST CLASSIC

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 24.75”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Solid Flame Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc Mahogany / Ebony
FRETS: 22 Jumbo
INLAYS: MOP & Abalone Crown
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan SH-11/SH-1N
ELECTRONICS: 2 Vol/2 Tone (tap) 3-way switch
BRIDGE: TonePros System
BINDING: Multi-ply
HARDWARE: Chrome
COLOR: 3-Tone Sunburst (3TSB)

US RETAIL PRICE: $1199

one of the things that bother me most about this forum is that about 60% of the questions asked can be answered either by an internet search or by playing the instrument/s in question.

you don't have to post all specs to see the difference between the guitars. he wanted your opinion, not for you to be a jerk
It's all about feel
Do I intend to go try both out? Yes. Would it hurt to get some preliminary opinions before I go? No.
Well, I've played a C-1 Classic and it was GREAT (easily up there with the better guitars I've had the opportunity to play, and I visit guitar center alot).

I can't offer anything about the tempest though. Sorry.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
well, im with that other guy. go to your sales rep, talk to him. unless he's on commissions. if he's on commissions he's pretty worthless. talk to the owner of the place or something. they know more about the guitars than probably anyone on these forums or the internet can explain, seeing as they are investing money into them.

not saying dont ask these guys opinions, because you do want other musicians opinions, always.

just a suggestion. (especially if your spending this kindve money)
if it's opinions you're after rather than specs or objective fact, then i'll tell you that the schecters i've played (c-1 hellraiser, c-1 plus, tempest something, their telecaster looking one) are essentially built to be sold by their specs. the guitars feel soul-less. i could never play mine (I owned the c-1 plus) for an extended period time because the neck just lacks any sort of attachment to my hand. it may seem ridiculous, but i contrast this to most telecasters which are just very comfortable and welcoming. it just seems to me that a "relic'd" schecter would be something to throw away, rather than something to appreciate.

what i suggest you do is ignore everything i just said and go play these two instruments. after this, you should form your own opinions on what is better/worse about each model, then decide which is worth more to you NOT BASED ON A PRICE TAG but on which you deem to be the better fit for you.

my posting the specs was the most honest and reliable way of assisting you.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight