Hi folks!

I know that almost everyone thinks that Marshall MG sucks, but I would like to know if somebody had tried the new MG series and if so do they really sound better? I don't have access to it in Brazil, at least not right now.

Regards,

solram

--------------------
Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Attack SM800
Do they look any different? Priced any different? Just wondering...and I'm sure they won't be much better than the old series.
@TS
it is not yet fully released and from the clips on marshall's website it does sound a lot better than the old MG series .
im gonna try it out when its released and give you a full analysis of what i think about it and what it sounds like etc.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 22, 2009,
If the new Marshall Mg Series is good ultimate guitar is going to go on a revolotion.

EDIT: Aww i just saw it. IMO i looks like its a mg with a showoffy mg logo and buttons for the power
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Last edited by Felttoaster at Jan 22, 2009,
Although it sounded better than the old MGs, there's still gonna be better amps for the price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i played my cousins 30 watt version and god did i get an acdc sound thru me les paul. other than that i didnt like it.
Quote by Themilkmaker
i played my cousins 30 watt version and god did i get an acdc sound thru me les paul. other than that i didnt like it.

new one or the old one
the new one didnt even hit the stores yet.
feel free to add me
It couldn't be worse than the original. This coming from the guy who's GASing for a Shin-Ei fuzz clone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Well, the one thing the new MG series will not change about these boards is a lack of ability for people to use the bloody searchbar.

There's been like, 3 of these threads a day instead of the 3 "why do the old ones suck" threads. :P If they suck, people will come ask why they still suck, and if they're better, people will ask why they're better 3 times a day.

holy searchbar batman.

But with that being said, I think its still going to suck, just not as hard. That's my guess.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
All I know is I dont trust these damn MGs. I'm taking mine back to Guitar Center on Saturday and getting a new one sometime. Mine has constantly cut out on me and the tone is total crap. I was going for a Vypyr but my dad went for me and let a salesmen talk him into this MG. I'm going next time.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
^ wow you have a MG and a spider.
sell them both and buy a b-52/ vypyr/cube.
feel free to add me
Quote by Zappanator
All I know is I dont trust these damn MGs. I'm taking mine back to Guitar Center on Saturday and getting a new one sometime. Mine has constantly cut out on me and the tone is total crap. I was going for a Vypyr but my dad went for me and let a salesmen talk him into this MG. I'm going next time.

lol
That's what my dad did when I first started playing electric. I wanted a Roland Cube and the asshole sales guy sent him home with an MG.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Attach a note to your dads shirt, and tell him to give it to the salesman.
lol Oh yeah I sold that spider I just forgot to take it off. I'm getting a Mesa Boogie most likely though.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
I will say this, I rarely ever use my MG's OD, but it can give a pretty good "3's and 7's" sound believe it or not.

I'm trying to sell mine, but I'm getting no hits on Craigslist or Kijiji, and I'll just get robbed at Guitar Center. Anybody want a MG30 for $125?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Probably just an excuse to charge a few more bucks for an MG.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I thought Marshall was coming out with a signature Dave Mustaine amp? What happened with that?
Thanks guys for the previous posts commentaries. Just to make a tiny comment:
echo_4190:
Well, the one thing the new MG series will not change about these boards is a lack of ability for people to use the bloody searchbar.

Of course, I really did a search before posting this new thread.

The point is that here in Brazil we don't have plenty of options to buy a new amp, at least compared to USA, Europe and Asia. Taking as basis the past decade our options grew very much but it is really far away from yours. We have Marshall’s, Peavey’s, Roland’s, Laney’s, Line 6’s, the list goes on… And isn’t enough. Perhaps because of media influence we have imprinted in our minds Marshall’s amps as the best choice. I won’t say a word about world economy. It’s enough to say that in Brazil the price of a Marshall MG series is really close to our budget than an Orange entry amp.

Resuming, the question remains. Is the new MG series better than past series? I hope to see an answer as soon as the new amps come to stores next to you.

solram
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

solram, there's a Brazilian guy who makes Mesa and Soldano clones named Augusto Pedrone. Look into his stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
solram, there's a Brazilian guy who makes Mesa and Soldano clones named Augusto Pedrone. Look into his stuff.

hey he made an awesome Mark IV clone
here is a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9cicVOfkns

here are some vids of some other copies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZi3StdiSw&feature=related (soldano clone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7sHlmohKI&feature=related (jcm 800 clone)

you should definitely check those beasts out.
feel free to add me
"I love the old MG100RCD head but the new MG100HDFX is even better - it has a bigger, tighter low-end and even more gain, making it perfect for the crunchy, detuned rhythms I do. The 'magic button' (the FDD switch), is a big selling point as well - it allows the HDFX to sound great at any volume because it maintains tightness and bite. The built-in effects are nice too, they sound great and it's really easy to dial them in. "

Static-X
Quote by eurotrashed
"I love the old MG100RCD head but the new MG100HDFX is even better - it has a bigger, tighter low-end and even more gain, making it perfect for the crunchy, detuned rhythms I do. The 'magic button' (the FDD switch), is a big selling point as well - it allows the HDFX to sound great at any volume because it maintains tightness and bite. The built-in effects are nice too, they sound great and it's really easy to dial them in. "

Static-X

Mr. solid state wayne static's MG comments cracks me up.
feel free to add me
Quote by eurotrashed

Static-X

It's not drop tuning, it's not down tuning...

it's detuning.
Quote by solram25
Thanks guys for the previous posts commentaries. Just to make a tiny comment:
Of course, I really did a search before posting this new thread.

To be fair, there already was a couple of these, but to also be fair, I guess they were titled other stuff like "check this out" or something like that.

It was more a generalized statement than a cut at you, no worries dude.

And to the guy who mentioned the Mustaine amp?

Its probably a Dave Mustaine MG. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by GNRjungle87

actually that doesn't sound like an mg, i've heard people say that that is what an mg sounds like with a bbe green screamer in the effects loop

anyway that doesn't sound half bad for an mg, that usually sound worse
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I gotta say, the new one sounds better. I still doubt the QC is going to exist though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FIr3bAL1 sYn
isnt the distortion completely analougue ?

marketing scam ?

why bump??
feel free to add me
Quote by FIr3bAL1 sYn
isnt the distortion completely analougue ?

marketing scam ?

wasn't old thread old?
Quote by GNRjungle87

LOL, I love the sell at the end: *cue patronising vocal tone* "... so basically, it's illegal to play this head through any other brand of cabinet because it will reject it like an organ it doesn't want. So, get this *points to MG cab*, get this *points to MG head*, end of story. Marshall. Rule."

Ahh Marshall, patronising the **** out of stupid, sheepy people since 2007.

And yes, I agree, old thread was old...
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by echo_4190
To be fair, there already was a couple of these, but to also be fair, I guess they were titled other stuff like "check this out" or something like that.

It was more a generalized statement than a cut at you, no worries dude.

And to the guy who mentioned the Mustaine amp?

Its probably a Dave Mustaine MG. :P

Its a Signature 1960 Cabinet

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=1960DM
Quote by mmolteratx
lol
That's what my dad did when I first started playing electric. I wanted a Roland Cube and the asshole sales guy sent him home with an MG.

I thought that only happened to me.

It was three years ago, and I only wanted one thing for Christmas- a nice Roland Cube.

Santa hated me and got me an MG 30DFX.