I need to buy a new distortion pedal because my crate v18 doesnt have enough gain and i would like to switch from cleans to distorted very quickly. Rite now i have a ts9 tubescreamer but it is better as a boost pedal. My budget is around $150 but i could probalbly push it to around $225 if i sold the tube screamer. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a Blackstar HT-DISTX.

PRS SE Singlecut
Yamaha F335
Crate V18
Ibanez TS9DX

New Amp/Guitar fund
$583/$1100
Last edited by mcneb at Jan 22, 2009,
Metallica is the heaviest ill get.

PRS SE Singlecut
Yamaha F335
Crate V18
Ibanez TS9DX

New Amp/Guitar fund
$583/$1100
i have that amp as well and am lookin at distortions right now, i think im gonna settle on one of the metal muffs
Quote by mcneb
Metallica is the heaviest ill get.

just buy a rat if you want trashy stuff or a muff and save the leftover money.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Why do people say trash metal instead of thrash metal,
Is it an Insult, or a whole dif. genre or what?
for $225 you could look at the damage control solid metal or Seymour duncan TT mayhem
Ive researched both alot but never been able to play either
you might wanna look into them though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Look for an old ProCo Rat.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by ShredGod George
Why do people say trash metal instead of thrash metal,
Is it an Insult, or a whole dif. genre or what?

Usually it's a typo. Sometimes they mean sleazy hair metal like Motley Crue and Guns N Roses.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Do you like the tone of your amp? A Fulltone OCD would give you a fairly transparent overdrive that can stretch into distortion ranges. The MI Audio Crunch Box is a very Marshall-y light to heavy distortion that will mask a lot of your tone. I would recommend you look at both of those depending on your tastes.
Quote by STABxYOU
Usually it's a typo. Sometimes they mean sleazy hair metal like Motley Crue and Guns N Roses.

Ive seen someone call metallica "trash metal" like 6 times in a paragraph
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
metal muff may be a bit too harsh for things under metallica.
I recommend a Rat. Preferably the older ones as they are better apparently.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Will a rat be good for Radiohead? I assume u would know because of ur obsession with jonny greewnwood.

PRS SE Singlecut
Yamaha F335
Crate V18
Ibanez TS9DX

New Amp/Guitar fund
$583/$1100
^ Not really. My friend who plays in a Radiohead cover band uses a Fuzz Face and an OS-2 that I gave him.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by mcneb
Will a rat be good for Radiohead? I assume u would know because of ur obsession with jonny greewnwood.

yes it will.
johnny actually used one for a fair while on the pablo honey/bendish era.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
those balckstar pedals are awesome. i have the ht-drive which is an overdrive pedal and its fantastic. the dist pedals are good too but were too much gain for me. get one.
Thank you please.
You don't want a Blackstar, believe me.
The crate is ridiculously muddy as it is, and the Blackstar will only contribute to that.

Pretty sure Blackstar is becoming the new Metal Muff...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul

Jekyll and Hyde

+1

Or a Tech21 Sansamp Tri-Ac - Gives you three amp models.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Last edited by nbroers at Jan 23, 2009,
Get the Metal Muff. I have the same amp and it works great. I also use a MXR 10-band EQ with it to get more tone options. Works fine for me at practice, I only use the V18 for cleans and practice.
Quote by Horlicks
You don't want a Blackstar, believe me.
The crate is ridiculously muddy as it is, and the Blackstar will only contribute to that.

Pretty sure Blackstar is becoming the new Metal Muff...

is that good or bad?
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
is that good or bad?

Bad.
I mean to say, it's a terrible distortion pedal that for some reason or other, 80% of this forum actually like.

Just like what happened with the Metal Muff.