Page 1 of 2
Like the title says, we're only three years away from five decades of Marshall amplifiers. Since 50 years is celebrated as a golden jubilee, do you think we'll be seeing a new Jubilee range of amps?

Which amps do you think deserve a Golden Jubilee reissue? And which ones would you all like to see? Perhaps a new model even?
JCM 800 2009 edition. Revisit that ****er, make it two channels, and sell it for under 600 bucks.

If marshall can pull that off, then I think they can continue world domination.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Probably just reissues, that's all Marshall really seems to be doing lately.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Snake_42
Like the title says, we're only three years away from five decades of Marshall amplifiers. Since 50 years is celebrated as a golden jubilee, do you think we'll be seeing a new Jubilee range of amps?

Which amps do you think deserve a Golden Jubilee reissue? And which ones would you all like to see? Perhaps a new model even?

ironically, i think the silver jubilee deserves a golden jubilee reissue
You know what would be great?

If for their 50th anniversary, they discontinued the MG series. Then all would be well in the world of Marshall amplifiers again
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone

If for their 50th anniversary, they discontinued the MG series. Then all would be well in the world of Marshall amplifiers again

lol
This would make my year.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Whatever they reissue, I won't be able to afford it. That's all I know.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Splawn has them beat for brootalz, metro has them beat for the plexi sound, hmm, maybe if they actually made an amp worth the price then they'd be something.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what is a golden jubille reissue?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
How about a discontinuation of MG's and some real Marshall tube amps you don't have to sell one of your guitars to afford?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
how about a plexi and JCM800 in one

I mean actually have 2 power amps and transformers and everything and just have it as 2 channels.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

I mean actually have 2 power amps and transformers and everything and just have it as 2 channels.

I would rather have them be cheaper so I could get both. One of the things that made the Plexi great was because it was so simple and having one channel might make the amp sound better since your not overloading the circuit board with unnecessary stuff, which is why I don't like 3 channel amps and I would probably get lost in the knobs.
you're not understanding what I'm saying I don't think.

I mean have it be a "2 channel" amp but there would actually be 2 amps in one. with there one dedicated power section to each "channel" circuit boards everything.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by sesstreets
JCM 800 2009 edition. Revisit that ****er, make it two channels, and sell it for under 600 bucks.

If marshall can pull that off, then I think they can continue world domination.

It's only world domination when they can make you believe they have to sell it to you at the prices they do.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Maybe they'll come out with an amp that is something new, rather than a re-hash of either trying to capture the exact same voicing but cramming in more knobs features and channels and gain, or making overpriced reissues. Probably not.
Quote by necrosis1193
How about a discontinuation of MG's and some real Marshall tube amps you don't have to sell one of your guitars to afford?

check out the new mgs they seem they might be good so don't knock the mgs until someone reviews the new mgs.
Jtm45 in a handwired reissue.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Quote by Bostonrocks

I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that is what the jvm2 line is.
I'd defenitly buy the Gold Jubilee if it was exactly like the Silver Jubilee but with gold-colored tolex. I'd sell the Bluesbreaker I think, just to buy it and have as my new main amp.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by MAYNARD
I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that is what the jvm2 line is.

No, he means two amps in one cabinet.
i hope they´ll release an affordable real tube amp, handwired in china or something by small baby commie slaves or something
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by al112987

thanks you andrew!

why didn't anyone understand that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Two amps in one cab would be...absurdly heavy and expensive.

I'd really like to see the Silver Jubilee reissued, and then something new. Maybe a good version of the vintage modern?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Splawn has them beat for brootalz, metro has them beat for the plexi sound, hmm, maybe if they actually made an amp worth the price then they'd be something.

I concur
Quote by SG thrasher
...Have you ever cranked a JCM800?
He might mean the br00tal stuff, in which case, something else is probably more desirable.

But that being said, cranked 800's do sound tasty
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by SG thrasher
...Have you ever cranked a JCM800?

I'd rather not go deaf.
If they do come up with anything...which I doubt because Marshall has been a disappointment for a while...I'm sure they would come up with the Golden Jubilee...its the only reasonable option

cause that two heads in one cabinet idea....come on now....
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Bostonrocks
thanks you andrew!

why didn't anyone understand that

Come to think of it, there is a similar amp, the Soultone 45 me3. Basically a JTM45/1986/JCM800 hybrid, it doesn't have truly independent amp circuits, but it does take a JTM45 and add a bunch of switchable options to make it sound more like a 50 watt plexi, and then you can just flip a switch to add another 12ax7 and cascade gain stages to get a JCM800 tone, and all this comes with power scaling, it's really an incredible amp.
what is a golden jubilee reissue??? Someone answer
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by spartanhero
what is a golden jubilee reissue??? Someone answer

An amp that people are guessing might possibly be released in celebration of Marshall's 50th anniversary (their golden jubilee) since they released a commemorative amp on their 25th anniversary (their silver jubilee). It's nothing but speculation.
Quote by al112987

I remembered reading something in the JVM literature about it. Just went back and checked and, I may not be understanding this right, the JVM has a similar circuit to the 1959SuperLead and a JCM800 2203. Which, I am assuming, means they all have similar circuits.

Anyway, I can get great vintage tones on the first few modes and great heavy tones outta the gainiest 2.
Quote by Natrone

would be nice, but the MG amp is where marshall make most thier profit.... just thousands of kids buying them then buying the slightly bigger one after.
Thats why they've released a new MG range
Quote by averyb
check out the new mgs they seem they might be good so don't knock the mgs until someone reviews the new mgs.

you apparently never watched the video of Kerry King demoing them. Even if he didn't say anything, you could see it on his face. even getting paid thousands to say good things about it, he can't hide that he disliked it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
you apparently never watched the video of Kerry King demoing them. Even if he didn't say anything, you could see it on his face. even getting paid thousands to say good things about it, he can't hide that he disliked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Z7DhI61iY

Doesn't seem to have much emotion... especially since he didn't even take off his sunglasses. I wonder how long he spent EQing that thing at all... sounds better than any MG I've ever heard...

If only he had an noise gate to take out the chirping of his pick while he was playing.

Fixed horrible grammar.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Jan 23, 2009,
Page 1 of 2