Yes this thread is about the Queens of the Stone Age song, heres a link

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bbCDQJh0Qok

i just need to know how to achieve this type of sound roughly, please noone say you wont get it unless you have the same pedals, and ovation gp and an ampeg combo. im just after a similar tone. a mate of mine accidently got it while he was demo-ing his boss me-50 for me but i didn't think to stop him and check out his settings

i know the tabs and all just not the effects, please help!
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
I love QOTSA, I'd do anything to get that amazing effect from In the Fade D:
Counter Point: I go home and jerk off.
Quote by Jonnybin123
I love QOTSA, I'd do anything to get that amazing effect from In the Fade D:

Me too, unfortunately I don't have cash to blow on effects pedals. So whatever I can squeeze from my blues jr. and tubescreamer is what I get. Might get a Big Muff soon though.

My band is covering Auto Pilot and I can replicate that sound fairly easily.
Quote by Flann
Me too, unfortunately I don't have cash to blow on effects pedals. So whatever I can squeeze from my blues jr. and tubescreamer is what I get. Might get a Big Muff soon though.

My band is covering Auto Pilot and I can replicate that sound fairly easily.

this is the part where you tell us how and do u replicate the lead throughout the song or the rythem ?
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Could you have found a worse version?

The guitar sounds really ropey in that, nothing like the recording at all.

Are you... complaining? Like, just for the hell of it? He just wants people to know which song he was talking about, not necessarily that exact sound.
Counter Point: I go home and jerk off.
Quote by oatley
this is the part where you tell us how and do u replicate the lead throughout the song or the rythem ?

Pre-amp to about 4 or 5 reverb on like 4, treble at 7, mids at 6, bass at 4 or 5. Tubescreamer with drive at like 1/4. Played on my strat bridge pickup at like 6 on tone knob. That's about all. It sounds sweet.

For the lead just crank the drive on the TS.
Quote by Flann
Pre-amp to about 4 or 5 reverb on like 4, treble at 7, mids at 6, bass at 4 or 5. Tubescreamer with drive at like 1/4. Played on my strat bridge pickup at like 6 on tone knob. That's about all. It sounds sweet.

For the lead just crank the drive on the TS.

cheers mate, although a slight problem my tiny terror has 3 knobs, volume, tone and gain lol (its all tube by the way)
Quote by Fred1000000
Quote by Jonnybin123
Are you... complaining? Like, just for the hell of it? He just wants people to know which song he was talking about, not necessarily that exact sound.
If I wanted to know how to achieve a particular sound I'd provide a link to that actual sound, not a poor version.

I have offered advice on effects from songs I've never heard in the past because I think I have an ear for it, in this case I know for a fact that is a poor representation of the sound QOTSA produce in the studio version and I'd give a very different analysis for reproducing the tone in that live version vs the studio version.
Quote by oatley
cheers mate, although a slight problem my tiny terror has 3 knobs, volume, tone and gain lol (its all tube by the way)

Don't need much gain. Just spin the tone knob till it sounds good. What kind of guitar do you have?
I can't even hear the audio :/
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.