I'm looking to buy a half stack tube amp for around 700 dollars. Anyone have any suggestions?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
BUGERA FTW!

great amps for metal and everything else, and GREAT quality for what you pay.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Yeah...that info is crucial.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Uh, why the need for a half stack?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I need a half stack for gigs. I normally rock/hard rock.
(\__/)
i know I could you a combo but I'm kinda stuck on getting a half stack.
(\__/)
Quote by yoyodunno
Yeah, and what music do you play?

+ ****in' 1
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by yoyodunno
Yeah, and what music do you play?

he already said...
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
crate v series maybe...idk though, most half stacks at that price are kind of sucky. a peavey windsor would be good if you dont play clean.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Please, kid...don't buy a halfstack. The fact that you might look cooler with one is easily compensated for by the better tone coming out of a combo that you can find at the same price point (in your specific range).
At very least, grab a 333XL combo (you can't get a halfstack for 700). The combo has the same wattage as the halfstack, and you can replace the speakers.

Don't judge me.
Egnater Rebel 20 with a good cab. i have not heard a bad thing about that amp. i have one and it is awesome. i A/B'd it with a Valveking and a Bugera the day i bought it, and it outpreformed the both of 'em. you should at least check it out if you are looking to buy a tube head.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 24, 2009,
I hate to be "that guy", but I'm gunna say it anyways. Peavey Valveking. *Awaits flame*.
Quote by Jhachey22
Egnater Rebel 20 with a good cab. i have not heard a bad thing about that amp. i have one and it is awesome. i A/B'd it with a Valveking and a Bugera the day i bought it, and it outpreformed the both of 'em. you should at least check it out if you are looking to buy a tube head.

This too...except with a good cab, its at least $100 out of budget.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Jhachey22

I've gotta second this. I have both the Rebel and the Valveking, and the Rebel is more clear, and a lot more versatile than the Valveking. It's a GREAT little amp for anything, and it has enough power for small gigs. Clips in sig.
Quote by theoreticmusic
This too...except with a good cab, its at least $100 out of budget.

you don't need a big cab. just a little 1x12 will do. the Epi VJ cabs work really well with the Rebel. so do the Blackheart cabs.

or, alternatively, you could build one with a speaker and a cheap Wooden box you can probably find at a feal market or a garage sale. suit cases/breif cases also work really well and add a cool vibe.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by GNRjungle87
I've gotta second this. I have both the Rebel and the Valveking, and the Rebel is more clear, and a lot more versatile than the Valveking. It's a GREAT little amp for anything, and it has enough power for small gigs. Clips in sig.

hey, buddy. yoo should join my Egnater club! (see sig)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
hey, buddy. yoo should join my Egnater club! (see sig)

I just did, thanks for the invite!
Quote by Jhachey22
you don't need a big cab. just a little 1x12 will do. the Epi VJ cabs work really well with the Rebel. so do the Blackheart cabs.

or, alternatively, you could build one with a speaker and a cheap Wooden box you can probably find at a feal market or a garage sale. suit cases/breif cases also work really well and add a cool vibe.

I have an Egnater and use a VJ cab as well, but they're $160, which translates to $60 bucks out of budget...and I don't think it's the best cab.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I have an Egnater and use a VJ cab as well, but they're $160, which translates to $60 bucks out of budget...and I don't think it's the best cab.

True.

I think it works pretty decently with the Rebel. IMO, the Egnater 1x12 had a little too much low end which translated to mud.
700 for a halfstack isnt really enough, try a combo instead mate, am a halfstack user myself but you know, cabs are expensive

seriously, you'll be able to gig easy with 30 watt combos, looks at some late 80's jcm800 combos
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive