K, so i have about 500-700 dollars to buy a new guitar, i want a nice metal sound to play metallica and other thrash bands, i like ESP and Ibanez, Jackson is cool to, im not the fondest of EMG, (Duncans are better), and i would like some type of tremolo system. any suggestions?
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
seeing as your a Megadeth fan why not try these.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar.gc?src=Mustaine
even the cheap one is built well and plays well.
if not those get an ESP explorer copy, sorry but i can't remeber the name.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
You will probably find more answers in the electric guitar forum.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by F8iscruel
seeing as your a Megadeth fan why not try these.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar.gc?src=Mustaine
even the cheap one is built well and plays well.
if not those get an ESP explorer copy, sorry but i can't remeber the name.

yeah i looked at those but i was looking for other options too, thanks tho
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
ESP's are excellent guitars (LTD's included). Schecters are amazing as well. IMO, both these brands will be the best value. There are many LTD models out there that are great, so just go to an authorized dealer near you and check them out. As for a Schecter, check out the Hellraiser or the C-1 Blackjack. Since you prefer Duncans, the Hellraiser may not seem quite appealing as the Duncan equipped C-1. Also, both have coil-splitting cabalities which will allow you venture into single-coil territory as well as humbucking ground. Since you only have $500 - $700, get a guitar that has a licensed Floyd Rose and upgrade to an Original later. You should also make sure that you really (emphasis on really) want a guitar with a trem system because as time progresses you come to find out that they are quite annoying to maintain.
how about the synyster gates $699.99 model its not half bad and it doesnt have those terrible detonator pickups. a schecter tempest, hellraiser, or C-1 are all nice guitars. maybe a jackson V or dinky almost all of those come with Floyds. im trying to think of other guitars with Floyds. if im not mistaken the B.C. Rich Mockingbird SL (slashes old B.C. Rich custom got reinstated this year) is well made with a Floyd and i think is around 700 dollars. try the ML and razorback models as well all the ones in your price range and up have Floyds. outside of that. theres also ibanez guitars with the edge III, but im only mentioning those in a negative way the edge pro i heard was good. check to see if the ibanez Xiphos is edge III or Pro. and i think the new 27 fret Xiphos is only 900 so any other xiphos will be below that. just avoid the edge III.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by Greenwood991
You will probably find more answers in the electric guitar forum.

This...the G G & A stand for Guitar Gear and Accessories...
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.