my brother is having problems with his computer. He had to reboot it because a antivirus program was messing everything up and coming up with messages when he clicked on icons. After rebooting and redoing all his settings everytime he tries to drag a window is is choppy and skips alot. Like if he dragged it from the bottom to the top of the screen, instead of going smoothly, it appears in like 2 different spots and then appears at the top. He has a relatively new Gateway if that helps
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by freedoms_stain
His gpu might be disabled.

and what exactly is gpu? and how do we enable it?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Try updating drivers. Its possible his graphics driver has a problem. That would cause any windows to slow way down.

This happened on a friends computer and one update got things back to normal.
Last edited by willrock4life at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by Tig Bitties
and what exactly is gpu? and how do we enable it?
Graphics Processing Unit.

And Device Manager.
format c:/
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
I'm a dick
Offering harmful computer advice is a bannable offence on UG, delete your post arsehole.
So is flaming a poster for any reason. And while you're at it: Shut up unless you know what you're talking about. Typing format c:/ doesn't do anything. It will give you an error message if you try to delete your copy of Windows that way. You have to use other commands to destroy your file system.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
So is flaming a poster for any reason. And while you're at it: Shut up unless you know what you're talking about. Typing format c:/ doesn't do anything. It will give you an error message if you try to delete your copy of Windows that way. You have to use other commands to destroy your file system.
If you attempt a format from within windows. It's not the only way and suggesting it to an obvious computer noob is beyond idiotic.
That's sort of implied, what with the lack of explanation of where to type the command or what any of it means and all that. If he's such an obvious computer noob, you're only arguing with yourself. It's a common e-joke, just shut up.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by HardAttack
That's sort if implied, what with the lack of explanation of where to type the command or what any of it means and all that. If he's such an obvious computer noob, you're only arguing with yourself. It's a common e-joke, just shut up.
It's pretty simple, he googles format c and finds out for himself thinking it's legit advice.

It's in the same league of douchebaggery as "delete system 32". You're not helping so leave it out.
If he Googled it, do you know what the very first result is?

http://www.tippscout.de/formatting-format-drive-c-in-xp-or-windows-2000-and-erase-all-data_tipp_2629.html

"Formatting: Format drive C in XP or Windows 2000 and erase all data"

It literally says it that large, in bold font.

The second link explains the joke, and then goes on to show why it doesn't work.

Take your own advice and get out, unless you're going to help him. My posting would have been done at 'format c:/' had you not stepped in.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant