No, I don't own one, and never will. But one of my friends has one. He insists it's a tube... is it? I was under the impression that all tube amps have a standby switch to warm up the valves. And I know the MG doesn't have that, involving a long story where i learned that my friend had never operated a standby, making me look like an idiot in guitar center because he had cranked a vox tube and left it on standby. ( he thought it was broken! But then the staff gave me menacing glares when I turned it on all the way and it screeched with the guitar in my hands after he left to find a "working" amp dumb friend I have!)

I digress, I digress...

Anyway, MG's aren't tube amps are they? Or are they???

Pretty sure it's solid state.

But not all tube amps have standby switches. My Fender Blues Junior doesn't.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
It haz teh swtchorz that sounds just like Slash's amp!!! It's teh tubezorz!
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
No I believe it's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by theoreticmusic
Here's your answer.

You didn't need a thread to answer that question.

Erm... You didn't think I didn't try that first? It did not tell the type of tubes, so I figured it was not a tube amp. But it also didn't say one way or the other. Don't get your panties in a bunch there, buddy .

And you also didn't think to read another one of the 100,000 OMFG MARSHALL MGZ THREADZ on here?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
It is 100 percent solid state.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It is 100 percent solid state.

Thank you, that's what I needed!

Thanks for your help guys.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
No I believe it's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

Lol I remember that.

But seriously it's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
I leik music