So I, as well as everyone else who posts regularly has come across questions of similar type. I just viewed one as of 3 seconds ago.

Please (with sugar on top) use the search bar. Chances are it can and will answer your questions. If not, still feel free to ask.

Mods, can we possibly sticky this??
+1,000,000,000 cause your correct.

nOObs with no search bar skills are -1,000 FAIL!!!
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I like the idea, I think it intends well, as there are a lot repetitive threads, a lot of people bumping their own repetitive thread and a lot of people with good knowledge on this board. The repetitive threads water down many of the useful knowledge on this board. BUT!!! on the top of the forum, there are already three stickies and an attention post thing above those that obviously don't get read.

Unfortunately I don't think this thread will accomplish much as the other stickies don't seem to get read. You could try and consolidate this into a forum rules but they are already in one of the unread stickies. If they could rework the forum workings though so that any one with less then say, 10 posts in the GBnC forum gets a pop up saying have tried the search bar or something like that, things would work out really well. Or, on one of the car forums I browse when you go to create a new thread, as you are typing in the thread title it automatically searches for the first 5 threads that are related to your topic and displays them, then before it lets you create the thread, is asks you if any of the threads might cover your topic.... Just some ideas. Well my nice ones anyways. The moderators could always start ruling with an iron fist and warning and deleting useless/repetitive threads and or banning people and curb stomping the under-inteligent-ated people, ( yes I made that word up).

What really gets me going are the help with wiring threads, help with refinishing threads, bump after 10 minutes, and people that make two threads right after each other, addressing any two of the above. Oh, and which pick up should I use threads.

Until anything happens. Lets just keep trolling.
i think we need a sign or banner across the top instead of those advertisements saying:
USE THE FUCKING SEARCHBAR!!!
Its right there ---->
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Jan 23, 2009,
This thread won accomplish anything, its clearly in the rules to use the searchbar, we can moan all we want but there’s always going to be some idiots who will make new threads regardless

Hell someone posted in the 18v mod thread and then a few hours later created a new thread about it anyway!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
no one reads the rules except for us regulars cause we're on here all the time and when it gets quite we read them
Quote by guitarcam123
no one reads the rules except for us regulars cause we're on here all the time and when it gets quite we read them

Heck, I never read them, just thought it was common sense.

*saddened with humanity*
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
whats this "search bar"? do you got there to get drunk?Is it like one of those speed dating type places? Like a "souls searching bar/"
Quote by Absent Mind
This thread won accomplish anything, its clearly in the rules to use the searchbar, we can moan all we want but there’s always going to be some idiots who will make new threads regardless

its in the rules and no one ever reads them before they post.
Thank you please.
i think UG needs to shut the **** up on people that ask stupid questions, once i leave a "please use the search bar" post, i seem to get 100 people with answers right after me. noobz dont learn if you let them walk all over you.
Last edited by LP Addict at Jan 23, 2009,
I agree with LP. I am more than willing to help, but when I post teh smae thing twice a day... It's kinda annoying. Also I bet if we train the noobs to use the search bar, they can find what they want muuccchh quicker.
This is when mods should do something. Like close the thread when the guy didnt seem to have searched before. There are not too many mods in this GB&C forum are there?
I've got the fix. If you are going to tell some one to use the search bar, every one gets a simple tutorial on how to find the search bar, just post something like this...

the code for that is [ ]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/PainIsPowerinthemaking/search-1.jpg[/ ] with IMG in the brackets.
Last edited by PainIsPower at Jan 23, 2009,