I just got meeself a bently series 10 bass--anyone have any experience with them? these are the only reviews I could find:
http://www.musicgearreview.com/music-reviews.php?Manufacturer=Bently&Category=Bass_Guitars

Funnily enough, I was talking to a random guy on Xbox live, and he had heard of them!(he was a drummer, so he had never played one).
btw, this last part really is unimportant, just thought it was funny
friend of mine had one before he got his rick. P-bass copy. He ripped out the frets and Jaco'd the neck, slapped an EMG -bass pickup in it and routed the body for the battery. Thing plays and sounds so damn amazing, before he did all that, it was a piece of junk.

Might have been a good idea to look into it before buying one.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Well, most entry level basses are "pieces of junk" as you call it. If TS doesn't have any problems with it, he should be fine.
There shouldn't be a problem with it unless it has some serious issues, being a banana or such. Playability can be sorted out in 90% of all cases and that is the number one priority when looking for newbie instruments. I still enjoy my Squier.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Well, most entry level basses are "pieces of junk" as you call it. If TS doesn't have any problems with it, he should be fine.
There shouldn't be a problem with it unless it has some serious issues, being a banana or such. Playability can be sorted out in 90% of all cases and that is the number one priority when looking for newbie instruments. I still enjoy my Squier.

yeah, that thing was my friend's only bass for about 5 years. It worked, there's no doubt about that.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I know this is an old thread, but since it is about Bently guitars, Yep I own a bunch of them:

are they worth 100 bucks or less?...YES
would I pay more than that for another one?... NOPE

The bass is a 91 Eclipse and is a nice unit for sure as it is the PRO series NOT made out of plywood, the guitars...well they are playable, stay in tune, but that's about it. I use them for backups in a pinch. I collect Jackson stuff, so these are more of a novelty toy than anything else....

p.s. I play lefty and righty that is why I have the lefty, and out of the 3, the 24fret lefty is actually a really nice player in tone and playability
Yes!!! I had never heard of Bently when I got my first, but I loved it, and now own 3, and always keeping an eye out for more. I've got a 5 string fretless, a fretted 4 string and fretted 5 string. Mine are certainly not a P bass copy, which I personally hate. They're a slightly smaller than average body, very light, but VERY solid sound! I'm constantly being asked if they're active pickups, and they're not, Just super hot. The 5 string is a narrower string spacing than most, which feels great to me. The neck is as thin if not slightly thinner than most 4 strings, I find it very easy to move around the fretboard, has great action... I just can't stress enough how much I love these basses. I would recommend one to anyone.
I can understand your excitement, but this thread is really really old. Please refrain from reviving long dead threads like this just for the sake of posting.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass