I have just suddenly wanted a guitar for <750AUD with this kind of headstock or something similar -

Are there any other brands that do that similar headstock? if so link me please, much appreciated!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
You want to buy a guitar simply because of the headstock it has? Why not invest that money into a decent amp?
Because i don't need to gig, i hardly jam, I'm quite happy with my tone.
And no i'm not buying it just because of the headstock, it needs to be hot and have decent hardware, neck etc.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Looks like a butt-plug.

Anyway, buy a new amp first. You might like your tone but you're probably annoying the fuck out of everyone around you.
If i wanted a new amp i'd go to GG&A, obviously i don't want one. It is my tone and i like it if they don't like it they can **** off.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
If i wanted a new amp i'd go to GG&A, obviously i don't want one. It is my tone and i like it if they don't like it they can **** off.

That's great that you like it,but you should think long term about stuff like this.Now I'm not going to tell you what to get,I'll just state some things that I've learned over the years.As a musicians talent and lets say "musical ear" progress they begin to change their opinion of what a good tone is.I was like this,I played through a Marshall MG when I first started and thought it sounded good.Now,roughly six years later,I don't think I could get a tone that my ears consider good out of one if my life depended on it.My ears are now used to how a JSX tube combo sounds.

Now,I'm assuming you're using a smaller solid state amp, so if I'm wrong disregard everything after this sentence.You could get a new guitar and have that increase in quality and playability,but it would still be running through the same lower end SS amp and not live up to it's potential.The amp makes up a major portion of your tone,some guitarists say that up to 60% of your overall tone is due to your amp.So think of running a nice guitar through an inferior amp as having a nice car and using cheap gas to run it ( piss poor analogy I know).The car will still run,but not as good as it would if it had high quality gas in the tank.So if you do get a nice guitar and run it through the small amp it will not sound as good as it would if you used an equal quality amp,there may actually be very little difference between how your tone sounds with the high quality guitar and your current budget model.

Also,as you progress as a musician the tone you find good today may not sound that good.If you plan on being a guitarist for the long hall then a nice amp is one of the best purchases you can make.It may sound unreasonable but what happens if one day you end up hating the sound of that little amp,or you end up needing something you can gig with? It'd be better to purchase something nice like a tube amp now and develop on it early on, so when you do upgrade your guitar you'll have the skills and amp to make her sound awesome.

This was all just an opinion mind you,it's your choice in the end,I just thought I'd share my POV.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Thanks for your opinion but it my house i can never crank my amp passed 2 so i really don't see the use for a nice tube amp
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Thanks for your opinion but it my house i can never crank my amp passed 2 so i really don't see the use for a nice tube amp

Two words: Power attenuator

They allow you to get pushed tube sound at reasonable volume levels.I use one with my 120 watt JSX.Mine takes an amp that can normally destroy my ears with ease and takes the volume down to a level that doesn't wake up my sleeping GF when I feel like playing late at night.If you buy from a site like MF they're ridiculously expensive,but I got mine from a guy who hand makes them and sells them on Ebay for 40 USD and it does the job perfectly.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

My VH100R on 0.5 sounds better than my Crush ever will. IMO, cranking actually sounds pretty bad, I prefer it on 1-2.
Sorry if i sounded mean up there, i PMS like a bitch.
What amp would you guys recommend for <800AUD?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
If you wait a while, you could probably snap up a 6505 1x12.
Not sure on the aussie prices though.
Isn't that around 500 USD? My conversation rates are pretty rusty.You can look into a Peavey valve king combo, a solid entry level tube amp for the money IMO.What genres do you play?

What happened to that LP you were going to buy?

Sell your crush and hyper metal to have a bit more and get a Peavey windsor halfstack for $1000.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The 1x12 VKs go for 999AUD.

I play metalcore and alot of progressive metal.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Horlicks
If you wait a while, you could probably snap up a 6505 1x12.
Not sure on the aussie prices though.

I've seen that for $2000 AUD new.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Not so sure bout that les paul now seeming it is made in china...
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
The 1x12 VKs go for 999AUD.

I play metalcore and alot of progressive metal.

You could hold off a bit until you have the money or sell the crush to help fund the new amp.You should also consider the used market.If you know what you're looking for and shop like an educated consumer you can often net things beyond your price range.I paid 900 USD for my JSX which would have cost me close to 1600 USD brand new.The only thing that is wrong with it is that it has a dime sized tear in the tolex on the front.If you look around you may be able to find a great deal.

Yeah i plan on going used, there was a laney tube halfstack for 599AUD from were i brought my orange.. to bad its probably gone
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Yeah i plan on going used, there was a laney tube halfstack for 599AUD from were i brought my orange.. to bad its probably gone

Well at least where I live,you can often find amps like the original 5150,the Carvin V3 series,and bugera tube amps used for around the price you mentioned.All of them can do high gain tones well,with the 5150 being my favorite out of the ones I mentioned.I actually saw one go for 550 USD the other day and it was mint,the owner used it once and decided he didn't like it hahah.

I guess you're not familiar with how much we pay in Australia? Lets just say its roughly over double.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I guess you're not familiar with how much we pay in Australia? Lets just say its roughly over double.

Ahhhh,I thought it was about 1.6 times the USD amount.Either way,it's definitely worth it to hold out and save up the extra change to get something nice.The step up in sound quality will be huge.Better to be patient and wait until you have enough money to get something really nice than to go for the quick fix and end up with something you may be unhappy with.

I just want something with a nice heavy metal distortion and a good clean
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Randall RG75 G2 series?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
I'd rather tube >.<
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I would look for Blackstar HT-5 head or combos they are only 5 watts and have lots of features, including metal tones.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I played one and i was honestly not impressed with the "metal" tone.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I love my Crate V18, great amp, I got it for $150 USD new, and upgraded the tubes and it sounds great. Then you'd need a distortion pedal.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jan 23, 2009,
http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm

check out that. You may be able to find something good there.

here you go. http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=181310&cart_id=0371450B-FB6F-A479-C3AEACD4E8AF6FA4

Bugera 333 212 Valve Combo $875. They are based in Sydney so it should be overnight delivery.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
i think the crate v18's are like $900 over here.

EDIT: i've been to muso's corner it is at gosford and they didn't have any Bugeras in stock.

EDITEDIT: I have found a Bugera 6260 on bavasmusic for $700.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 23, 2009,
Dude it sucks that everything is so expensive for you guys in Australia. I'd look into that Bugera you mentioned though...I played a 6262 and it will definitely be my next amp.
Quote by bucketmark
i think the crate v18's are like $900 over here.

EDIT: i've been to muso's corner it is at gosford and they didn't have any Bugeras in stock.

EDITEDIT: I have found a Bugera 6260 on bavasmusic for $700.

holy crap, that's expensive. There are better amps for that money then...like the ones others mentioned.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.