Page 1 of 2
Gauge 12-56. I saw them at a music store and a guy said they couldn't be tuned higher than D tuning DGCFAD. They must be used for really hardcore metal or something.
Rock on
Quote by goest
Tune them to E-standard and punch him in the face.

Dude no joke, my conscious has been saying that about everyone all friggen week.

"Just do it, you know you wanna".

I really have no comment on your strings TS.
I'm not really that amazed.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
lol. i actually just got beefy's put in there 11-52 i think, i tune to drop C so it should be fine, but still, should be epic ****.
im running a ibanez 1570 prestige, it has a edge pro.
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
yeah what the guy meant is that you cant do much bends and stuff like that if you tuned to E with that high of a guage cause it would break.
i got some of those bad boys a week back and have been using them for c standard tuning, sounds better than ever before too! just today i tuned up to half step down and admittedley they were a bit tight but perfectly playable, still best suited for those dropped songs
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Spoony_Bard

dude! sigged!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I just started using the Heavy Bottoms on my Les Paul for Drop Db and Hybrid Slinkies for my Tele on the same tunning. I do admit that the .10-.52's are a bit too tight for my liking, but the hybrids were too loose on the les paul.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I just started using the Heavy Bottoms on my Les Paul for Drop Db and Hybrid Slinkies for my Tele on the same tunning. I do admit that the .10-.52's are a bit too tight for my liking, but the hybrids were too loose on the les paul.

I do the 10-52 on my C7hellraiser, with an added ''64 string as low B. And indeed, the EAD strings are JUST too tight to be really good.

Going with a custom set of 10-16 and then 28-49 and 60 on top next time I change. Should be fun
used those strings before, and they go in standard tuning quite easilly, seriously, that guy's full of crap

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by SDragonRocker5
They must be used for really hardcore metal or something.

Really really really hardcore metal. Really.
Quote by convictionless
lol
you mean DEATHCORE??!?!?!?!? *BR00TAL GUITAR IN BACKGROUND*

*Bangs head*

Man this music is not even slinky!! *RAWK*
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard

EDIT: LOL!!! I guess i'm not the only person that found that really funny!
Last edited by kilbie at Jan 23, 2009,
you know you can get zakk wilde custom strings that are form 14-60 (i think~).
and roto blues have quite a thick gauge on the lower strings. i use them and tune to D standard cos it make ths higher strings really lose.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
... I use them..... i adjusted my neck so i could do standard...... but i can still play B comfortably......

othern that i Use skinny top heavy bottoms on my S series ibby.
I am me. Live with it.
12s? Pssh, pathetic.
I know someone who uses 13s in standard. Granted he plays jazz so not much bending.
Stevie Ray Vaughan used 12s and 13s in Eb Standard, and don't forget he plays Blues so there is a lot of bending.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Spoony_Bard

That's because you weren't using magnetic shoelaces, duh.
i use 12-52 and they do most tunings easy and its not that hard to bend at all. He was talking crap.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

It's not that you can't tune them to E-Standard. But it is recommended not to cause of the amount of stress it will put on the neck.

If you have one of the thin necked guitars and put such heavy strings on them and crank them up to E, you are going to run in some neck warping issues.

Even on thick necked guitars it will put a lot of stress on the neck.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Bitch, I use .12s to floss my teeth. My guitar has .14s.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i use .11s on my guitar. i don't think .12 would make much of a difference. .11's are fine for bending (for me?)
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by goest
Tune them to E-standard and punch him in the face.

sorry if someone already said this... but i had to say this again...

tune them to e standard and snap your ****ing neck dude. at least warp the ****er, damn. ur either stupid or just used to dense wood in your hands hahahahah
Quote by X-Boy
It's not that you can't tune them to E-Standard. But it is recommended not to cause of the amount of stress it will put on the neck.

If you have one of the thin necked guitars and put such heavy strings on them and crank them up to E, you are going to run in some neck warping issues.

Even on thick necked guitars it will put a lot of stress on the neck.

someone did get to this already hahahah
I use them on an Ibanez RG321MH with a 2mm pick

I play standard, Drop D, D standard, Drop C, its all fine on them. That guys just a pussy.
Quote by KanchiX
sorry if someone already said this... but i had to say this again...

tune them to e standard and snap your ****ing neck dude. at least warp the ****er, damn. ur either stupid or just used to dense wood in your hands hahahahah

Two words - Truss. Rod.

12s in standard is not a problem. Really.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Quote by rabidguitarist
Bitch, I use .12s to floss my teeth. My guitar has .14s.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Bull****, I used to use these strings and tune to standard and it worked perfectly
that guy in your music store is full of ****. i use those "not even slinky"s when they don't have the d'addario 12-54s at my music store and i play in e standard.
Page 1 of 2