I don't know how many of you here have ever heard of Graveyard BBQ, but they're by far one of my favorite bands. I found out about them back in 2005 when their song "Cheat On The Church" was featured in the first Guitar Hero as a result of the "Be A Guitar Hero" sweepstakes. They're really one of the most original metal bands ever, and I feel they deserve more recognition than they've gotten, which is why I'm making this thread. As for their style, they do probably the most mouthwatering blend of Delta Blues, Southern Rock, and Metal I've ever heard. Here's a link:

myspace.com/graveyardbbq

Since the 1st Guitar Hero, they've released 2 albums (oddly enough called Greatest Hits Volumes 1 and 2, even though it's their only albums to date), have gotten a new singer, and are on their 3rd drummer, who by the way is probably the next Gene Hoglan in my opinion. I saw them live back on december 30th up in Trenton, and after taking a listen to this band I'm sure some of you could understand why I'd be willing to drive 4 hours to their shows in NYC in April or even 6-7 hours to Massachusets to see some of their shows up there.

Oh, and for all of you out there that try to put any band they hear in a specific genre, they came up with a name for theirs, which is unique enough to get its own- Dirtcore. Seriously, no other band out there sound like these guys.

And if Axemanchris gets his ass in here and takes a listen to "Cheat On The Church", he'll find that their old singer can utilize the Belcanto technique (extremely well, I might add) that he so proudly brags about in his sig.

Some choice songs to listen to would be:

Ride The 'Stache
BBQ Girl
The Clothes That Makes The Man
By The Grace Of The Grill
Cheat On The Church
Anything else by them because they're that damn good
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by Equivalence
Penny for every time I hear that...
But i'll check em out thanks for the tip

I realize this, but if they weren't that unique, I wouldn't have said it. The difference between all the little teenage fanboys professing their love for crappy generic metal bands and me professing my faboyism for this band is that I know what I'm talking about. They really are that unique.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 23, 2009,
Hmm, pretty decent. First song I was like ya, quite different. Then I got a slight Nickleback vibe later in the song but there definitely more evolved. Then it ended. Not really my cup of tea though I guess. Well gave it a shot right? I would say dirt core is quite creative though and describes them well. The singer is usually the deciding factor for me tho and even tho he fits the music well, it just didn't work for me. Oh and Cheat On The Church wasn't working so I couldn't listen to it.
Quote by AlterEdge
Hmm, pretty decent. First song I was like ya, quite different. Then I got a slight Nickleback vibe later in the song

Now now, there's no need for insults, name calling, or mudslinging.
Quote by Contraband

Funny, the same guy who creates this thread, created that one. Would you like spam with that ham?

Quote by Helloween_rox
They're really one of the most original metal bands ever, and I feel they deserve more recognition than they've gotten, which is why I'm making this thread. As for their style, they do probably the most mouthwatering blend of Delta Blues, Southern Rock, and Metal I've ever heard.

Seriously....epic fail. "Mouthwatering"? Are you the person that gets hired to script all those awful American adverts?
I guess they haven't got the recognition because we haven't been listening properly, I'll remember to open my mouth next time and water it and see if it sounds better. You better have not lied.
Last edited by Ardius at Jan 23, 2009,
I don't remember ever making that thread. If I did, I wouldn't have made this one.

Anyway, these guys are definitely worth a listen or 2, or a hundred. Just check them out, I promise you it will be time well spent.
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Helloween_rox
I don't remember ever making that thread. If I did, I wouldn't have made this one.

You obviously did and you obviously did.
Quote by Helloween_rox
Anyway, these guys are definitely worth a listen or 2, or a hundred. Just check them out, I promise you it will be time worth spent.

Not really.
Quote by Magero
Not really.

Lies! Blasphemy!
Quote by Helloween_rox
Blasphemy!

Ross Bay grave Black Mass begins
Blasphemous prayers Are being chanted backwards
Black pentagram cult Are ripping up dead corpses
Burning the chapel The holy will die
Death to all angels Fall from the sky Death and destruction
Satanic slaughter flames tonight Holy god die
Christ will burn in blackened tombs sacrifice Hooded demons Virgin slayed ritual
Black witching metal Drink the sluts blood
Bloody dripping orgy
Sacrifice the holy bitch Wine of Satan
Witches create the spell Dusk through dawn
The witches sing their songs
Christ will burn in blackenedtombs sacrifice Hooded demons Virgin slayed ritual
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Ross Bay grave Black Mass begins
Blasphemous prayers Are being chanted backwards
Black pentagram cult Are ripping up dead corpses
Burning the chapel The holy will die
Christ will burn in blackened tombs sacrifice Hooded demons Virgin slayed ritual
Black witching metal Drink the sluts blood
Bloody dripping orgy
Sacrifice the holy bitch Wine of Satan
Witches create the spell Dusk through dawn
The witches sing their songs
Christ will burn in blackenedtombs sacrifice Hooded demons Virgin slayed ritual

You try too hard to be satanic.
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 24, 2009,
nekroxvlsataniklegion666kaosattakk!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
here, borrow my rusty wooden spoon ov unholy nekrokastration.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Helloween_rox
You try too hard to be satanic.

YOU TRY TOO HARD TO NOT BE FUCKING GAY.... BUT YOU STILL ARE! SO THERE!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Oh, it appears I have not done the job properly...sorry to let it hang....

*kastrates helloween_rox and drives away in kvlt666mobile of sadistik nekroslaughter*
I've found Jesus
Quote by MHDrunk
YOU TRY TOO HARD TO NOT BE FUCKING GAY.... BUT YOU STILL ARE! SO THERE!

*high-fives*

Contraband, you have my permission to kastrate from now on... You'll just need to forge a rusty wooden spoon from the fires of hell.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Jan 24, 2009,
Back on topic. Time to profess the love for Graveyard BBQ and not generic trve kvlt blk metuhlz.
Quote by Helloween_rox
Back on topic. Time to profess the love for Graveyard BBQ and not generic trve kvlt blk metuhlz.

Deliciously ironic irony mmmm dribble some more its so sweet.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one