Hey I was thinking about taking some classes on recording over the summer, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some colleges/schools that have good music production programs? I live in the bay area so places nearby, or at least in California, would be good. Anyone have any suggestions?
Is this just for personal knowledge and skill, or do you have aspirations of getting a job in a pro studio?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
its mostly for my own personal interest, although it could potentially become a career some day. So from what I hear a course at a local college would be the best option?
I dont know about the states, but here we have a thing called TAFE which is like a step down from uni (its more for trades like building and plumbing) but is still run by the govt. Costs like 600 a semester for what you want to do, and if there is anything similar over there, i say do it.
If it is for personal interest and development, then fine. Go for it.

Be alerted, though, that the job market is a whole other story. Pro studios are closing up shop all the time, leaving many pro engineers out of work. Many of them join the masses of home studios that are responsible for the declining demand for studio time in the first place.

To make a career go out of it, you really have to have something special going for you to set yourself apart from the myriad of others. A piece of paper will NOT be that something special, but it could help you to achieve that something special.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.