So, does anyone played one of those?
I'm talking more about RGA42 and RGA32 not the Prestige. LZ3 active pickups, are they good? RGA42 have active EQ to control the tone of LZ3 (?)
I heard that the standart Gibraltar bridge sucks, what do you thing?

My plan is to buy a RGR321ex and put SH4 + SH2n set on it, but I found this new low budget RGA, if the LZ3 pickups worth it I'll go for it.

Need some opinions guys

Cheers!
haven't tried them, but i'm a bit concerned that the rga121 (which was prestige and MIJ) has been discontinued with these brought in in its place. i suspect the 121 was cutting into sales of the rga321.

i suspect these new ones aren't made in japan, either.

EDIT: the thing i really blame the big companies for doing is coming up with a good value, good quality model (a bargain, basically), then removing it soon afterwards as it was cannibalising their other sales. That's all well and good, and i understand the (evil) thinking behind it, but do they not realise that they can't manipulate us that easily? I mean, it's unlikely that i'd have bought the rga121 anyway, but if i were buying one, that's the ONLY one i'd have bought. The RGA321 was too dear for what were only really cosmetic upgrades (and slightly nicer pickups, but those are easily replaced), so i was never going to buy it, and I'm not buying a non-MIJ Ibanez for a price which is close to Prestige.

So, er, yeah. Nice job, Ibanez (it's not just ibanez, but it is in this case). You seem to think that you can make us buy what you want. it doesn't work like that. If i can't get the RGA121, I'm just not buying an Ibanez. I hope it was worth it.

Sorry for the rant, but there it is. I'm sick of the big companies thinking they can make us buy crap by giving us no alternative at a decent price. i'll just go with a company which is good value, thanks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 23, 2009,
Their probably Indonesian made too since the Korean Cort Factory has closed.

Too bad that they stopped producing the RGA121 ,although last years european RGA121 colours weren't really great (we only had those disco colours, crushed ruby red or something).

I'm very pleased that I could find a perfect condition 2006 RGA121.
Orange Enthousiast.
yeah, i liked the natural one from when they were originally released.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I have the violin finished one, but if I ever find a used natural one, I might buy it :p
Orange Enthousiast.
yeah, i prefer the violin one to the newer coloured ones, but prefer the natural to the violin.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why oh why did they discontinue the RGT220A...

BooOty SwweaaT~
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Probably because Ibanez almost never uses Ash for their tonewood.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I really love my RGA121(natural). Always liked the natural finish. Thing's built like a tank, too. The only problem is i got it at guitar center and it had a blemish on the bridge. Doesn't matter much to me, though. It had been on the floor for over a year though, so it was $630 with the official case. Love this guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
well, seems nobody ever tried LZ3 PUs...
anyway I found a second hand Ibanez SZ320 so I'm going to buy it and forget RGR321ex and RGA new series
Thanks anyway...
If you could get your hands on one of the 2009 SZR models, get it. Fretwork on those are supreme.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by SomeDude49
I really love my RGA121(natural). Always liked the natural finish. Thing's built like a tank, too. The only problem is i got it at guitar center and it had a blemish on the bridge. Doesn't matter much to me, though. It had been on the floor for over a year though, so it was $630 with the official case. Love this guitar.

heh, that's a pretty good deal. i'd take one with a slight blemish on the bridge here for that price (at the old exchange rate, i.e. about £300 or so). here they were over £500...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just bought a rg121 natural finish mint with emgs for 630 with prestige case =) stoked
sweet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Too much talk about the rga121 and nothing about the new rga42 xD Can find any review about it.