Hey Pit,

Me and my friend started a band, Problem is that the line up is really wack and our music styles....

2 vocalists
Drummer- My Friend
Lead- Me
Rythym- Kid who likes church and sabbath rock music
Bass- Some guy

I don't understand my friend...Why would you need 2 vocalists in a band? Also. me and my friend's taste of music is really different. He likes reggae soft rock and I like heavy stuff ( BFMV, Avenged sevenfold, Trivium, etc..).

I don't want to be a soft rock kinda band and sabbath stuff...So do I just leave the band? or give them a shot?

It's really hard to find members around the arkansas area that are not guitarists...
Last edited by life_777 at Jan 23, 2009,
Why 2 vocalists? I dungetit. But give it a go, see how it works out and if it isn't for you then leave.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Why 2 vocalists? I dungetit. But give it a go, see how it works out and if it isn't for you then leave.

Yea I was thinking the same thing... The whole band has totally different music taste then me, except 1 person I think. I only know 2 band members in the band...
A band from 'ere has 2 vocalists. 1 that 'sings' and another that 'screams'. To be fair they both suck balls.
Quote by JackalUK
A band from 'ere has 2 vocalists. 1 that 'sings' and another that 'screams'. To be fair they both suck balls.

The only band I know that pulled it off was SikTh.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Give it a go - you never know, you might have fun. Worst case you can always leave later if it doesn't work out.
Give it the ol' College try, TS. And if you don't like it, kick all of them out and continue the band as a metalcore band.
my old band had varyin tastes but you find you find common ground with music style. you'll end up with music with elements of each! and as for 2 vocalists...id only hav 2 if they were really good especially at stuff like harmonies
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by life_777
Hey Pit,

Me and my friend started a band, Problem is that the line up is really wack and our music styles....

2 vocalists
Drummer- My Friend
Lead- Me
Bass- Some guy

I don't understand my friend...Why would you need 2 vocalists in a band? Also. me and my friend's taste of music is really different. He likes reggae soft rock and I like heavy stuff ( BFMV, Avenged sevenfold, Trivium, etc..).

I don't want to be a soft rock kinda band and sabbath stuff...So do I just leave the band? or give them a shot?

It's really hard to find members around the arkansas area that are not guitarists...

Having read the OP, and noticing your use of Slang like that, I declare you should be stripped of living privileges.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

A band from my region has 3 vocalists, works fine, they usually don't all sing at the same time but switch turns between of during the songs
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by life_777
Hey Pit,

2 vocalists
Drummer- My Friend
Lead- Me
Bass- Some guy

I lol'd
Also..
How are you gonna use your two vocalists?
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by life_777
Also. me and my friend's taste of music is really different. He likes reggae soft rock and I like heavy stuff ( BFMV, Avenged sevenfold, Trivium, etc..).

Two options. Either get a better taste in music or continue to be a douche and keep listening to crappy metal.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by Andy2k64
my old band had varyin tastes but you find you find common ground with music style. you'll end up with music with elements of each! and as for 2 vocalists...id only hav 2 if they were really good especially at stuff like harmonies

i concur. harmonies are definitely underrated these days.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
TS you should go for this I bet you 9 bob your music taste will develop and you will enjoy it.
Quote by SmashThings
Two options. Either get a better taste in music or continue to be a douche and keep listening to crappy metal.

Douce =/= metalcore listener..

Seriously dude, he can listen to whatever he wants
Quote by Cianyx
Douce =/= metalcore listener..

Douche = my bands mates have a different taste in music but because they don't listen to BFMV I'm not going to play with them
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by Cianyx
Douche = metalcore listener..

<.<

>.>
Quote by GLP_Arclite

you aren't gonnna be just another metalcore band with two singers are you? there's eough of those polluting the planet.
I'm really not into music with alot of screaming and stuff.....As I lay Dying, Job for a cowboy, etc... I don't like that type of music...

Well, I'll see my drummer in english class today. I'll give the band a shot. I wish my bro was the rythym guitarist. So we can do thoughs awesome back 2 back dueling guitar solos. He Lefty I'm the Righty

But, instead our rythym guitarist is a christian rock dude... awww wtf...

and our bassits is some guy...
Last edited by life_777 at Jan 23, 2009,
Lol you might want to learn your bassists name first. Like everyone else is saying, just give it a go. I've been in a few bands myself where we had different musical tastes and it turned out really well. If things don't go well then I guess it's just a learning experience for everyone. Best of luck.
1) Doesn't Sonic Syndicate have 2 vocalists? Clean/Scream? I think the new Scar Symmetry lineup also has 2.
2) Don't be so narrow-minded with the genres, it will help shape your own personal style, as well as giving you a broader spectrum of influences when you decide to compose.
3) Take advantages of the differences, mix up the styles.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Well thanks everyone for commenting. I'll give it a shot. Me and my friend (drummer) said we will audition the 2 vocalists....But 1 knows how to do synth and stuff. so yea...
hey i´m like joined to the band i´m guitar rythym i´m the girl like pplaying the guitar and i lovea7x ok i hope take me in count ok bye