Page 1 of 2
So I always charge my cell phone on the table beside my bed at night. But last night while it was charging I swung my arm across the table in my sleep and knocked my phone and ipod off the table. My ipod was fine but my phone hit my airsoft gun and broke in half Clearly, I fail at sleeping. And what makes this worse is that my warranty ran out last month so I have to pay full price for a new phone...

Has anybody else in the Pit ever failed this hard?
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
What the hell kind of flimsy phone breaks in half when it falls on the floor?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by --{matt}--
So I always charge my cell phone on the table beside my bed at night. But last night while it was charging I swung my arm across the table in my sleep and knocked my phone and ipod off the table. My ipod was fine but my phone hit my airsoft gun and broke in half Clearly, I fail at sleeping. And what makes this worse is that my warranty ran out last month so I have to pay full price for a new phone...

Has anybody else in the Pit ever failed this hard?

No.
Quote by MegadethFan
No.

I second this.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Quote by metacarpi

Same question

That's soo suspicious
Quote by metacarpi

A phone made of glass, silly.
get yourself a Siemens mc60, mine is almost 5 years old, has fallen on concrete multiple times but still works
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by metacarpi

It didnt just fall I think it hit the back of my airsoft gun....hard. And ive dropped it MANY times before the screen was already cracked. BTW it was a RAZR now its a piece of shat
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
shouldn't it have cut the gun in half and also gun right through the earth!! Thats what their advertisements say, they must be true.
Quote by --{matt}--
It didnt just fall I think it hit the back of my airsoft gun....hard. And ive dropped it MANY times before the screen was already cracked. BTW it was a RAZR now its a piece of shat

razors are ****ty, and when i had mine the screen cracked too.
Quote by MegadethFan
is that Jesus?

No it isn't...Does that look like Lemmy to you?

Was your phone made of glass? I've dropped my phone a lot and it still hasn't broken.
Quote by --{matt}--

How did it break in half, if it was closed?

Either you're lying, or you were charging it when it was unfolded in which case please never make another thread ever again.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
So does anyone have any suggestions for a new phone? Im with t-mobile and I need something thats fairly cheap, durable, and gets good reception (or at least better than a RAZR because they get horrible reception)
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
i remember once i dropped a my phone into a glass of water...it fully submerged but i just took the battery out and left it 24 hours to dry. worked fine after that!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
You do realise reception has to do with Network coverage, and not phone model, right?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
You do realise reception has to do with Network coverage, and not phone model, right?

I know it mostly has to do with the network but Ive heard that some brands such as Nokia and Samsung get better reception than Motorola

And @ trickycindy: it didnt break at the hinge where it flips. The bottom part with the keys broke in half and Im guessing this happened because the battery came out and the back came off but now it wont turn on at all. Kind of hard to explain.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Last edited by --{matt}-- at Jan 23, 2009,
If your on T-Mobile, I recommend the LG Viewty.

I got it, and it's a cracking phone.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Some phones have a stronger antenna and can pick up the signal more easily than others.
Quote by metacarpi

I don't see that phone on the website? And I'm probably gonna have to get one off there.

Does anyone know if the Samsung Gravity is any good?
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Last edited by --{matt}-- at Jan 23, 2009,
I've thrown my phone at so many things and it still works.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by --{matt}--
I don't see that phone on the website? And I'm probably gonna have to get one off there.

KU990 it might be then.

It's called Viewty by most, KU990 is it's model number or something.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I have a RAZR as well .

BUT I've dropped it, taken it to New Zealand, Victoria twice, it's been through sleet, rain, mud, me sleeping on top of it in a sleeping bag on hard ground, my sweat and being crushed by various heavy bits of equipment.

It's still fine.
On phone related fails... I was once arguging with a friend because he was saying nokias are crap and I was arguing that they are built like bricks so to demonstrate, I absolutely belted mine against a wall and it sort of... Well... Shattered like glass...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I've drop my phone more than once daily and its never even scratched

AND AND AND I charge up my phone at night on my bedside table, which I got from IKEA (pointless detail) *HIGH FIVE*
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Last edited by el-ECTRO at Jan 23, 2009,
yes, i do.

i dropped my cell phone one time.

in the sea. of course it didnt survive.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
I flushed my phone down the toilet.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by metacarpi

Cause that's just what he needs...
OH I just remembered, one of my mates failed harder than you with a phone related fail before.
She was carrying a bottle of pepsi which broke on the floor (grount was concrete, pepsi bottle was very shaken up) and then as she bent over to pick up the plastic bottle, she dropped her phone into the puddle and the screen broke.
So remember children.. Pepsi + phone = tragedy.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Quote by Trickycindy
How did it break in half, if it was closed?

Either you're lying, or you were charging it when it was unfolded in which case please never make another thread ever again.

Please don't ever post again.
and to T.S
razors suck XD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by tushmeister
Cause that's just what he needs...

Ba-Dum TSH!

Quote by el-ECTRO
OH I just remembered, one of my mates failed harder than you with a phone related fail before.
She was carrying a bottle of pepsi which broke on the floor (grount was concrete, pepsi bottle was very shaken up) and then as she bent over to pick up the plastic bottle, she dropped her phone into the puddle and the screen broke.
So remember children.. Pepsi + phone = tragedy.

I spilled a disaronno and coke, and dropped my phone in it.

Still works dandy.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

I spilled a disaronno and coke, and dropped my phone in it.

Still works dandy.

Well different phones react differently then
Anyway, coke =/= pepsi. *Glares*

Quote by el-ECTRO
Well different phones react differently then
Anyway, coke =/= pepsi. *Glares*

That's true, Pepsi > Coke.

I just always say "... and coke". Habit I guess.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
That's true, Pepsi > Coke.

I just always say "... and coke". Habit I guess.

Yes, pepsi > coke.
I also like tesco cola. It tastes like pepsi (well, more than it tastes like coke).

Pepsi Max > Pepsi
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I can't remember what phone my friend had but he would throw it down hallways at school and whack it with hammers as hard as he could and it wouldn't break.
Page 1 of 2