Use the same ones man thats what they are made for... you could get away with 10's also, but i tried 9s a couple times and u most likely will have string breakage.
i think that 10's would be wayy too thin... if my skinny top heavy bottoms feel right for me in drop d... would i need like 12 or 13's for for drop c?
14's yo! thats what i use.

GHS TNT thin-thicks!

if you do that tho, thats a dramatic string change, so if your not too familiar with setting a guitar up, you might wanna take it to your local guitar shop.
Last edited by s2thalayer at Jan 23, 2009,
skinny top heavy bottoms work good for me! That's what I use in drop C with no problem.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I use 10's, the top strings are fine but the bottom ones are just a little too slack... But it might just be a matter of heightening the strings aswell. I'f you're more of a rhythm player or "chug" player than a soloist you could try 11's or 12's straight away.
Ernie Ball makes some strings made for drop tuning, i play 11's in those and they work good for drop C and even drop B really well
You should give um a try
Gear:
Fender Blues delux reissue
Boss GT-10
Schecter C1 Hellraiser!
ESP LTD EC-1000!
I use .12's
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
10-52 , trust me, I always play in drop C.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC

It all depends on the guitar...personally I dono how ppl use 10's.

Lowest I would go would be 11. 12's arn't hard to use. It's an electric guitar, it will still be easier to press down than an acoustic.
True, so TS , what guitar do you have?
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC
True, so TS , what guitar do you have?

I have an Ibanez RG with 12's n Drop C.

MIM Strat with 10's

and Fender Acoustic Dred with 12's

All Daddario
Lol I was asking the TS ( threadstarter) .
And I still prefer 10-52 on my RG , wouldn't really trust all that tension on that superthin neck when using .12's
Orange Enthousiast.
Well I felt like telling u lol.

You really think thats too much tension?

Cause I got it set up that way, they adjusted everything.
Quote by TTC

I bought a pack of those ernie balls, how is it for Eb standard and drop C#, anyone? I wanted to get a 50 just for the low E but I can't find any custom gauges around the stores. 9-46 works good for standard but the low string gets loose in drop C#.
Quote by CapnKickass
I bought a pack of those ernie balls, how is it for Eb standard and drop C#, anyone? I wanted to get a 50 just for the low E but I can't find any custom gauges around the stores. 9-46 works good for standard but the low string gets loose in drop C#.

Personally, I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkys (11-54) in Eb standard. Though I mostly play blues and the like they feel fine to me. I'd say you could just go with these and they would be fine for drop C# as well. They feel really nice imo.

If you're looking for these in the old package it's a mustard yellow color.