take pride, in that you have one of the most metal and amazing guitars ever made!

but i also have a few questions because i myself am wanting to buy the non-trem version and wanted to clarify a bit

how do the d activators hold up to lower tunings like drop c or b,
is the body uncomfortable to sit with,
and is there anything that you just can't stand or wish would get changed about the xiphos line?

thanks for the time
I have the seven string model (fixed bridge). It pretty much perfect. The pickups sound great on all seven strings (I go down to a low A), so I imagine the six string pickups would be good as well... Its comfortable on the right leg, and on the left leg its comfortable when you have your foot raised a few inches. The only downside is the balance when standing. The default location for the strap buttons causes terrible neck dive. This can easily be fixed by redrilling them in new locations (as I have done, check youtube), and then the balance isn't too bad at all. You'll also have to be careful at first, since the spikes at the end are very easy to bump against things if your used to a strat shape.

Its definitely worth getting though. Ibanez quality in a metal shaped guitar... It even comes with its own hard case.
Take pride in nothing, buy a Jackson Warrior.

j/k I guess the Xiphos is okay, id say compared to other Ibanez guitars it is one of the few especially designed for 'tear your face off' metal, so if your set on an ibanez, you play metal and you like the Xiphos go for it.
I tried the 7 string version and the body's comfortable enough to play on. then again I naturally sit in the classical position so I didn't have any problems. Can't say whether it'd be ok in the normal position though.

if it is uncomfortable try the classical position, it takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's worth it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I tried the 7 string version and the body's comfortable enough to play on. then again I naturally sit in the classical position so I didn't have any problems. Can't say whether it'd be ok in the normal position though.

if it is uncomfortable try the classical position, it takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's worth it.

I can attest that its comfortable in the normal position.
Quote by Metalmaker
take pride, in that you have one of the most metal and amazing guitars ever made!

but i also have a few questions because i myself am wanting to buy the non-trem version and wanted to clarify a bit

how do the d activators hold up to lower tunings like drop c or b,
is the body uncomfortable to sit with,
and is there anything that you just can't stand or wish would get changed about the xiphos line?

thanks for the time

The D-Activators actually sound best in dropped tunings because of all the high end and clarity they have.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores