so yeah i know alot of u probably dislike me and my band's favorite bands but my favorite is Avenged Sevenfold and me and my bands favorites are As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, Disturbed, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, and Killswitch Engage...

so we currently play all of our songs in Drop D but i since all of our influences besides Avenged plays lower i want to suggest playing lower...like drop C. Anyone have any reasons why they wouldnt recomend drop C? cuz my buddy says that tuning lower takes away the distinguishability from different songs but i dont know if hes right...
Maybe they are lazy to tune their insturment down?
And I know there's usually no problem with guitar tuning drop C but Bass guitar seems has it.
Why would you start out by explaining why people won't like you? And yes, drop C will make all of those songs sound even more like they are exactly the same. Make sure you at least change up your screaming patterns or something so people will know you're on a new song.

/sarcasm.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by guitarmageddon0
so yeah i know alot of u probably dislike me and my band's favorite bands but my favorite is Avenged Sevenfold and me and my bands favorites are As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, Disturbed, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, and Killswitch Engage...

so we currently play all of our songs in Drop D but i since all of our influences besides Avenged plays lower i want to suggest playing lower...like drop C. Anyone have any reasons why they wouldnt recomend drop C? cuz my buddy says that tuning lower takes away the distinguishability from different songs but i dont know if hes right...

I know tuning flat helps singers.

But from D - C - It just makes it a bit heavier.
Just make sure you get an heavier gauge string set , and the truss rod may need adjustment and your bridge too if it's floating
Or you can actually play some good bands.
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
String tension gets dropped heavily. If you're not using high gauge strings, your tone will be muddddyyyy, and even worse if you have a guitar that obviously isn't suited to be flexible with tunings (the cheaper guitars are sometimes like this). Unless you know how to make yourself sound good in a Drop C tuning, AVOID IT. It is much easier to keep a cleaner sound in standard/drop D tuning then it is with lower tunings.

On a plus side, you now have more chords and notes to work with than in Drop D. Some bands I know (Bayside, Angels and Airwaves) tune down a full step and then use a capo when necessary so they get those lower notes in songs they want them in but still have the ease of playing their standard/flat songs without having to retune entirely. Again, though, they are professionals and know how to get a good guitar sound (and if they don't, their guitar techs do.)
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.