Hello, I just bought a brand new Jackson Kelly 2 days ago and I noticed that the E, B and G strings go out of tune with a single bend. I done some research and found out it problems with the strings hooking the nut. Does anyone know any way to fix this because I don't want to have to pay to get this fixed when it could be something very simple to fix. thanks
Does your guitar have a whammy bar? That might be the source of the problem. I might be wrong though, I dont know much about technical stuff, although I own a kelly too.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
No it doesn't have a whammy bar. Just a tunomatic bridge. Also I know it is the nut because when I bend a string, it goes out of tune, but when I press on the string above the nut, it will go back into tune. I was just looking around a little more and a post said "a little vasoline and powder graphite". Will this work? thanks
Vaseline might be messy, but graphite is the solution that is recommended the most often.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Just use a pencil and draw in the slots on the nut. Vasoline I would think would be a little messy.

But that should solve the problem. What gauge are the strings? Sometimes people will go up a couple gauges. And the nut slots aren't big enough to compensate for the bigger strings. If that's the case you need to have a luthier file the slots.

But just try a pencil first. Get some graphite from the pencil in the slots and see if that fixes it.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
No luck with the graphite, and I tried the vaseline and graphite and no luck either.
Did you loosen the strings enough to get the graphite under them?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
it's tje JS30Ke right?

well you bought a cheap jackson now suffer the consquenses
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
are they new strings? did you stretch them?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
It is a JS30Ke, and it came with these strings, I've personally stretched the **** out of them because at first thats what I thought I was dealing with.
They are just Jackson's, I just talked to my tech and he told me he would look at it tomorrow and if needed put a new nut on free of charge. Thanks for all the help anyways guys. This site is just great.
if they have screws on the ends of them you might want to tighten them.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I never even though of trying that, but I just did it and still no luck.
Paul Gilbert, I believe, uses graphite on his nuts.

Ok that sounds wrong.