How many people here think that music can alter and change your moods??

Poll: Can music change your mood???
Poll Options
View poll results: Can music change your mood???
Yes
608 96%
No
12 2%
Not Sure
13 2%
Voters: 633.
Page 1 of 3
I am doing a report and I need as many votes and comments as possible. Please vote. And stop with the stupid comments. I know that music can change moods. i just need MY OWN stats and stuff. Now quit saying it. Its ****ing annoying just vote and leave a comment about why you answered the poll the way you did. Not hard.
Last edited by Rocker396 at Jan 23, 2009,
Of course it can.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
+1

Nvm, poll is up now.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Most of my friends and my gf won't let me listen to Joy Division ever again.

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I know it does but my teacher didnt believe that people thought that so I created this..
It can change your mood, but it won't make you go on maniacal killing sprees like the media suggests.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Absolutely, and I have years of work to back that up.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by Froboarder
It can change your mood, but it won't make you go on maniacal killing sprees like the media suggests.

I put that in my report already too. And I fully agree.
Music not only changes mood, it also changes the bodies reaction too. I did a science project with this, I monitored their heart rate while listening to You Don't Know How It Feels by Tom Petty. Then I monitored their heart rates while listening to Conquer All by Behemoth.

During the Tom Petty song they relaxed in the chair and their heart rate went down.

Behemoth on the other hand, lol, they became a little tense and their heart rate quickened.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
There has been at least one university conducted test of this, but it's your problem so you google it.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by angus is god
Music not only changes mood, it also changes the bodies reaction too. I did a science project with this, I monitored their heart rate while listening to You Don't Know How It Feels by Tom Petty. Then I monitored their heart rates while listening to Conquer All by Behemoth.

During the Tom Petty song they relaxed in the chair and their heart rate went down.

Behemoth on the other hand, lol, they became a little tense and their heart rate quickened.

I put something about how when you listen to metal and hard rock your heart rate goes up and your adrenaline starts running
Quote by Rocker396
I put something about how when you listen to metal and hard rock your heart rate goes up and your adrenaline starts running

If it's the good stuff, your ears start to BLEEEED.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Ok people listen I know music can change it I just needed some stats on if it does or not so stop the retarted comments.
Quote by Froboarder
If it's the good stuff, your ears start to BLEEEED.

Exactly
I listened to music once and it made me happy
then i listened to another song and it made me sad

but i got sadder when Sam died in I am Legend
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
metal in particular is a particularly emotive construct imo. Look at fade to black as the shining example
Definitely.

I cant listen to sad music anymore, I need to listen to happy up-beat music....

Like the Grateful Dead. I listen to them every day and they always keep me in a good mood.

So does Crosby Stills and Nash..... most of the Beatles stuff...... The Byrds.... some Hendrix..... Tom Petty..... etc.
No doubt in my mind. Certain bands tend to get me into different moods, for example, Godspeed You! Black Emperor makes me want to fall asleep (They're a great band, but not unless I'm seriously in the mood for it), whilst Dream Theater or Rush makes me feel awesome. ;D
Quote by aaronob
Definitely.

I cant listen to sad music anymore, I need to listen to happy up-beat music....

Like the Grateful Dead. I listen to them every day and they always keep me in a good mood.

So does Crosby Stills and Nash..... most of the Beatles stuff...... The Byrds.... some Hendrix..... Tom Petty..... etc.

Sweet
As far as I'm concerned, that's the number 1 point of music.
In fact, it's number 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 aswell... at LEAST!
Quote by Froboarder

Ya think about it Ozzy getting acused for putting subliminal messages into his songs telling people to kill themselves...ya ****ing right, think about it if he did that there would be no fans of his left to buy his stuff so he would lose money and popularity umong the people. Stupid media always blowing things out of proportion.

on a side not it does, but not to a crazy person serial killer extent.
Last edited by metallica_19 at Jan 23, 2009,
In the most, music doesn't alter my mood.

The type of mood I am in will affect what kinda music I want to listen to though. I tend to find that if I'm stressed I will listen to relaxing music (smooth jazz, classical, acoustic songs) whilst If I'm feeling up for it then I will listen to more pulsing music. If I'm feeling angsty then i tend to listen to aggressive music.

So, I disagree and say that music doesn't really alter my moods, but my moods can affect the music I listen to.

However, If I listen to the "wrong" kind of music, I will tend to feel anxious. Maybe music does affect my mood, but on the larger part, it does not.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
For sure YES, who said no should be raped by an african male tribe and aftwards eaten with coconut sauce.
Quote by vulgarmachine

The type of mood I am in will affect what kinda music I want to listen to though. I tend to find that if I'm stressed I will listen to relaxing music (smooth jazz, classical, acoustic songs) whilst If I'm feeling up for it then I will listen to more pulsing music. If I'm feeling angsty then i tend to listen to aggressive music.

So, I disagree and say that music doesn't really alter my moods, but my moods can affect the music I listen to.

However, If I listen to the "wrong" kind of music, I will tend to feel anxious. Maybe music does affect my mood, but on the larger part, it does not.

Thats exactly what I put in my report
Quote by vulgarmachine

Interesting...so the x and y variables are potentially interchangeable. There must be another z variable to account for the interchangeability of the first 2 variables.
Quote by angus fan16
Of course it can. A melody and love are very similar in capturing someone's heart.
Quote by metallica_19
Ya think about it Ozzy getting acused for putting subliminal messages into his songs telling people to kill themselves...ya ****ing right, think about it if he did that there would be no fans of his left to buy his stuff so he would lose money and popularity umong the people. Stupid media always blowing things out of proportion.

"Music can alter moods and talk to you, but can it load a gun up for you and cock it too? Well if it can then the next time you assult a dude, just tell the judge it was my fault, and i'll get sued!"

/eminem
Charles Manson --> Helter Skelter.

z = Brain

Quote by metallica_19

"Suicide Solution." ...Not very subliminal.
*Likes RR-era Ozzy, hates today's Ozzy*
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jan 23, 2009,
Warning and Worship always get me sooo depressed, I can almost never listen to them, unless I'm feeling down already.

Equilibrium always get me in a good mood

Cannibal Corpse and Amon marth get me pumped

and so on and so forth
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Yes, and there's research to back it up too.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Dude I listen to metal and I immediately get ****in' pumped.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Yes, I believe it can.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I think it depends on, because my daily taste of music follows my mood so when I'm angry I wanna listen to some heavy music but when I'm happy I wanna listen to happy music.
but sometimes music affect my mood as well.
Page 1 of 3