Page 1 of 2
So there´s pretty much going on about these great amps in the forums lately so i thought this would be a good idea!
discuss your Blues Juniors, settings, pics and questions!

i do own a standard tolex BJ upgraded with a Jensen C12N speaker and groove tubes and it´s damn sweet!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
sweet amp, whever i use one i got it miced.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Its a beautiful amp. I got the NOS tweed Blues Jr with a Jensen C12-N.

BTW there is a group for Blues Jr owners, its kinda dead but its there.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Last edited by MOOSE_CCR99 at Jan 23, 2009,
you couldve included even a tiny bit of info on them
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
From fender.com

"The Blues Junior, a warm-toned favorite, takes our 15-watt tube preamp/power amp platform and pushes it through a 12” Fender Special Design speaker.

That sound comes courtesy of a pair of EL-84 Groove Tube output tubes and three 12AX7 preamp tubes. Add our renowned Fender reverb, flexible controls, and FAT circuit with footswitch for golden tones, and you're in business. And just look at that chrome panel, that black textured vinyl with silver grille cloth, and those vintage pointer knobs ..."
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Its a beautiful amp. I got the NOS tweed Blues Jr with a Jensen C12-N.

BTW there is a group for Blues Jr owners, its kinda dead but its there.

is the tweed one bigger than the tolex? the speaker seems not to be centered in the tweed version
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
No its not bigger. I didnt realize the speaker was centered on the tolex one.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i just bought an american made black one and the speaker is not centered on it either. i have been researching new tubes and may go with the jj tubes. what do you guys think of them.
Thats true eh, you never hear anyone bashing these amps.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Last edited by MOOSE_CCR99 at Jan 25, 2009,
i can plug my strat into it and no matter where you have the tone nobs it sound great, but i have a gibson v and you really have to play with it before you get a good tone. it seems they are made for strats.
Quote by Swingjoint
i just bought an american made black one and the speaker is not centered on it either. i have been researching new tubes and may go with the jj tubes. what do you guys think of them.

I got JJs from South Valley Vintage Amps online. They test every tube they sell and do a great job of matching. I am really happy with the JJs.
i love blues juniors, their amazing amps, and great price too. I used to have on, but i realized the BLUES junior couldnt do METAL too well, so i got a line 6 spidervalve 112. And when the peavey 6505+ comes out im probably gonna trade the line 6 in for it...
i dont know where else to post this but, can a blues junior be heard in a band without being mic'ed? cause i was gonna buy one to jam with the house band at the pub but didnt know if it would be loud enough
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
great idea for a thread, I want to get one day.

I was thinking there should be a "Fender Amp Thread". That'd be cool
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by wholelottabon
i dont know where else to post this but, can a blues junior be heard in a band without being mic'ed? cause i was gonna buy one to jam with the house band at the pub but didnt know if it would be loud enough

Depends what type of music you play and how loud the rest of the band are tbh mate.

For instance, I used to gig with mine (unmic'd) but I couldn't maintain a nice clean tone at the high end of the volume scale. Our drummer is pretty loud. It was plenty loud enough for any rock stuff we did because the amp breaks up nicely toward the upper volume scale and then you can add in some pre-amp gain to drive it more and of course that gets it louder too.

I had to go with a 30W tube for gigs just so I could have the headroom but like I say its totally down to what you play etc. Just like any other amp I have to say.

Brilliant amp though, sounds even better with a speaker and/or tube swap, takes pedals really well and as soon as I can get hold of a new PCB (existing one fried) I'll be keeping mine for practice.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Everyone likes BJs.

EVERYONE!!!

I'm sigging that.

And I love me some Blues Junior. If I had the money I'd get one *feels GAS attack rising*.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratomaster15
Question about BJ's: Can they give you a Marshall-ish sound if you add a pedal?

Yes, my BJ + my Fulltone OCD = Marshall sound.
It makes me drool.
Must.

Not.

Let.

Thread.

Die.

Until Kevin Saale and bostonrocks get here and post thoughts...

I for one, love bj's!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Have any of you upgraded the speaker?

I was thinking celestion g12h.
Absolutely love mine. My only qualms are that because I needed it three days from when I bought it and they only had the floor model it's black instead of tweed and that it doesn't have a gainstage, but I'm a distortion pedal junkie, so no issues there. ^^
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I'm kinda thinking of a Blues Junior for a clean amp. Anyone have good clips of it with a distortion pedal infront?
Gosh, I love the Blues Jr. I own. It's black tolex and silver grillcloth and everything's stock. Gets me a great Franz/Arctic Monkeys sound. I'll post pics and make a NAD thread for it soon. Blues Jr's RULE!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
awesome awesome amp. im actually looking for distortion as well. i have a great od but i need something dirtier than od...any suggestions?
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by rking19
awesome awesome amp. im actually looking for distortion as well. i have a great od but i need something dirtier than od...any suggestions?

MXR Distortion +. It gets a bit dirtier than my Full Drive 2.
i so want oneof these...
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by JilaX^
Yes, my BJ + my Fulltone OCD = Marshall sound.
It makes me drool.

or MXR M-133 Micro amp?

i need some more gain without getting a new amp or turning it up so loud that my neighbors will move out

has anyone paired the b.j. with a tube screamer?

i'm definitely trying to get that "Whole Lotta Love" solo sound, so i need some kind of a treble boost. the mxr might not have enough control for it?
It's all about feel
Quote by gregs1020
MXR Distortion +. It gets a bit dirtier than my Full Drive 2.

how dirty does that get? im looking to basically make my BJ very versatile (even though i dont play metal). i want to be able to basically get any sound out of it
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
I played a friend's Tweed Deluxe, 30 or 50w's I believe, and I was really impressed.
The cleans tones (think Lenny/SRV) sounded great when the low end was cranked, and when all was even there was a nice little treble boost. What a sweet little thing, I'd love to own one in the future
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by rking19
how dirty does that get? im looking to basically make my BJ very versatile (even though i dont play metal). i want to be able to basically get any sound out of it

I personally like the dist + for 80's metal tones. For classic rock, try a full drive 2 or OCD. Actually a lot of decent OD's work for classic rock stuff, the bjr likes od pedals in general.
Quote by A Rolling Stone
I played a friend's Tweed Deluxe, 30 or 50w's I believe, and I was really impressed.
The cleans tones (think Lenny/SRV) sounded great when the low end was cranked, and when all was even there was a nice little treble boost. What a sweet little thing, I'd love to own one in the future

A tweed deluxe is not a blues jr my friend.

I don't know what the hubabaloo is all about, blues jrs suck.

Now BJs, don't get me started

I'm thinkin of doin mine up in a deep blue tolex, just haven't found anything that suits my fancy yet.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
well i have a fulldrive as well but im just looking for a versatile distortion, just to get the bj dirtier
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
I use my Mxr distortion 3 with my blues junior and i can get anywhere from an overdrive to a nirvanna tone (im playing with an emg in my bridge though). Cleans are unreal, its a very versatile amp.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Page 1 of 2