So I went to my friendly neighborhood GC the other day and picked up a few things....most notably an Egnater Rebel 20, but I also scored a TC Electronic Nova Delay.

Now here's the thing...Any time I plug the delay into the effects loops of either of my amps and turn it on, the only sound I get is a slight buzz. I'm thinking the pedal came fried, but before I drive an hour to take it back, I'd like to know If I'm just dumb and am doing something wrong. The manual told me nothing. I've tried different cables, and I've tried it in the FX loops of both amps. I've tried it with its own power supply and with a 1 spot chain...no luck. When I sub in my DL4, everything works fine.

Suggestions?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Does the pedal work okay in front of the amp? Maybe try that to check its not the pedal, or try it with one of your other amps?

I have a Nova Delay, and notice no hum or excess noise when using it, although I don't have an effects loop on any amp. It's a fantastic pedal!

One thing I did notice is that there is quite a bleed of sound if using Circuit Breaker type cables when they are muted, which can make you think the pedal is giving a distorted sound? Try checking all cables?
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
I have all monster and livewire cables, and they work fine anywhere else in my rig.

Let me clarify: I've tried it with 2 other amps. The ONLY sound that comes through the pedal is a buzz. Mostly silence....no guitar sounds.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Sounds like something wrong with the pedal then. I guess you've tried running it into the input on the front of the amp as well?

I certainly notice no buzz with mine, I'd say its one of the cleanest and clearest pedals i've actually used, so definately sounds like something wrong with it!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Sounds like your pedal man. No such problems with mine. And I am assuming that you know how to run the effects loop, so I'd say take it back and try a new one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals