Are the duncans actives or passives?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Go with a set of SD Blackouts, they are active and people seem to like them. I haven't heard or used them, but they will be my next pickup set.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
You'll need to strip out all the electronics but the pickup selector and input jack from the guitar. You'll need new pots for the passive Duncans.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by RJF
Go with a set of SD Blackouts, they are active and people seem to like them. I haven't heard or used them, but they will be my next pickup set.

That's plain stupid, you don't have any experience with it, yet you recommend it on the basis of popularity?

To the OP, switching to passives will require rewiring and so, I would leave the EMG's for now. If you really don't like them, then think about other pups like the ones you bought. BTW, chances are that you may not like the blackouts.
To put passive pickups in that guitar you'll need to change the volume & tone pots from the 25k pots EMG's require to 500k pots that are used for passive humbuckers. The capicitor on the tone pot needs to be changed too. Most of the time a .047 is used for humbuckers but some players use a .022 instead because they think the JB is too bright sounding with the .047. Your pickup selector switch does not need to be changed. The stereo input jack from the EMG's can be used with the passive pickups you just don't use the third lug on it but it's best to change it anyway because if you sell the EMG's or decide to put them in a different guitar you'll have everything needed to install them. A mono input jack is cheap anyway. I hope this helped you. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them.