I was always under the impression that a rock opera was more like a novel in song form (like Tommy, where each song advances through one story), and a concept album was just an album with a bunch of songs that all kind of related to the same thing, but didn't tell any story (Darkside of the Moon bla bla bla). But I always see people use both terms interchangeably. I'm not crazy right... there is a difference.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Yes, a rock opera is a form of concept album.

DSOTM is a concept album, but it's no rock opera.

The Wall is a rock opera, therefore it's a concept album.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Ahhhh the old squares and rectangles thing. True true

Edit... ^^ Thanks dick
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
A rock opera is much more focused on a specific story, and a concept album is more of a particular theme for the whole album.

The Wall is a rock opera because it is the story of Pink and his seclusion from the world etc.
DSOTM is a concept album because it has a running theme of human vices, among other things.

So yes, you're pretty much right.
Last edited by farfaraway at Jan 23, 2009,
its a type of concept album
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I always find that rock operas have more of a musical production feel to them, compared to concept albums.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I thought that Rock Opera was just a cooler name for it. Obviously I was wrong in thinking that.

The more you know!
rock operas are more vocal heavy bs like meatloaf. Concept album suggests musical skill in telling a story