Whats the difference between hardcore and post-hardcore?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

You googled right? Specifically you wikipediad post-hardcore? Where it explains the difference in the third paragraph?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
post hardcore is after hardcore, whatever the **** that means
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
post = latin for after
pre = latin for before
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
a ****load of elitism
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.

Hardcore: Minor Threat

Listen to both of them, you'll have your answer.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by thegreenmile
the post-

Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
From Wikipedia.

Post-hardcore is typically characterized by its precise rhythms and loud guitar-based instrumentation accompanied by a combination of clean vocals and screams. Allmusic states, "These newer bands, termed post-hardcore, often found complex and dynamic ways of blowing off steam that generally went outside the strict hardcore realm of 'loud fast rules'. Additionally, many of these bands' vocalists were just as likely to deliver their lyrics with a whispered croon as they were a maniacal yelp."[2] The genre has developed a balance of dissonance and melody, in part channeling the loud and fast hardcore ethos into more measured, subtle forms of tension and release. Jeff Terich of Treblezine states, "nstead of sticking to [hardcore's] rigid constraints, these artists expanded beyond power chords and gang vocals, incorporating more creative outlets for punk rock energy."

Hope that helped a little.
The singing, like if a song starts off hardcore then gets gay, then you know its post, like the song "Sex Ed Rocks" by some post band, Youtube it. Then idk..... Youtube Cro-Mags for real Hardcore.
Quote by DespisedIcon

Hardcore: Minor Threat

Listen to both of them, you'll have your answer.

Fixed
some post hardcore bands: Fugazi, At the Drive-In, Thrice, Thursday

some hardcore (punk) bands: Minor Thread, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Gorilla Biscuits

some metalcore bands: Converge, Botch, Zao, Ceremony, Pulling Teeth

If you listen to these bands and compare them, you will see a huuuuuuge difference.