Where would generally be the sweet spot to place a microphone on a 4x12" cabinet?
I want to record some stuff miking my 68cm x 68 cm cabinet.
Please specify height from the ground, distance to the amplifier's grid and the placement (to the left, to the right, centered...).

Thank you very much!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
It isn't an exact science. It WILL differ from cab to cab and even speaker to speaker.

Depending on the sound you want you can place the mic in certain places. Some will give you a thin sound and some will be more bassy. Experiment with different positions, distances, angles and different mics if you can.

Have someone play while you put your ear next to the cab and move your head until you find the sound you like and put the mic in that area, then you can tweak it after.
I personally like micing the top speaker (doesn't matter which side, mostly because i feel its less bassy), slightly off centre at a 45 degree angle. Works for me, but i do move stuff around thats just where i start.
i like to mic the top speaker aswell, usually left side (dunno why) and have the mic touching the mesh, pointing at the speaker at 90 degrees-Between the cone and the outer edge.
Love is my religion
Quote by Thrash648
i like to mic the top speaker aswell, usually left side (dunno why) and have the mic touching the mesh, pointing at the speaker at 90 degrees-Between the cone and the outer edge.

When you say 90 degrees.... do you mean facing straight on, or parallel. Or do you mean 45 degrees. Sorry if i sound like an ass i really don't mean to.
Facing straight on.
you dont sound like an ass, i realised what i said sounded odd XD
Love is my religion
Thank you very much!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb