My friend gave me his squire strat and I cleaned it up and was taking the strings off last night. I know the strings come out the back in those models, however, I could only get the first 2 bass strings out the back and the rest of the strings seem to be stuck and aren't coming out. I tried to force one through but it ended up breaking and now the coiled end of the string is stuck in the hole I believe.

Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to approach this? And please spare me the "it's just a fender squire it's not worth it" "just throw it away" etc. Even if it is low quality it is still great to learn on in terms of repair and I'd like to be able to try a different style of guitar.
Try to poke it out with a toothpick or something. Worked for me when that happened.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
i've used an ice pick with success, and a pair of pliers another time. just push the ice pick through the hole and the ball end of the string should pop right out.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Genius! I had the same idea last night too but had no such tools at my disposal. I can't wait to get home and set it up and play it.
I always cut a 6 inch piece of the low E string (which I remove first) and use it to "push" the other strings out if they get hung up.
This is something every Strat owner has to deal with from time to time.
cws92
What do you recommend I use to polish the body of the guitar. It looks a bit worn since he didn't really take good care of it
Oh be careful with polishing etc. Sometimes they look better a bit 'distressed' (not too much)
Try and straighten the coiled end before you try to get it out...i find that easier.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
Try and straighten the coiled end before you try to get it out...i find that easier.

agreed. when i'm changing the strings on my strat i always cut the swirled ends off so i'm only pulling out straight string.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.