I'm lookin at gettin some lace sensors over the fender vintage noiseless, does anyone have a lot of experience with them? I'm trying to decide between the Lace Sensor Golds, or the combo of the Red, Silver, and Blue. To me, it seems like the golds are just 3 of the same pickup in each spot. So, from logical thinking, the Red, silver, blue combo would be more versatile. But would those give me the same kind of tone as the golds? or are the 3 golds actually different pickups that give a better sound? I'm lookin for strat cleans but I'd like it if they could handle a rock amount of distortion, nothing heavy, just distorted.

Thanks
Member #38 of Alter Bridge Rocks Club PM Logz to join
The golds are balanced for each position, so you don't have to worry about sound variety. They sound more like traditional strat coils.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
So if i'm going to be using any distortion, I should get a Red one? How are the golds with distortion? The ideal situation here would be to have the clean tones of the golds but also a red for distortion, but to buy individual pickups is like $40 more.
Alright if the blue is in between the red and gold then that would be a good thing. I'd like a little punch there in the neck. So how is the silver one? If it gives something close to the gold then I could just get the Red, Silver, and Blue set. Then again, the golds sound amazing clean. A red in the bridge, a blue in the neck and maybe a gold in the middle would be wicked I think. Please someone share thoughts on this though, this is my first time choosing pickups.
If someone could describe how the silver sound compares to the gold I think id be able to make a decision.
Are any of the comparable to a vintage 62 strat w/ stock pickups, like Frusciante useS?
Not sure about that one. I think i'm leaning towards the Red, Blue and Gold. Any opinions on that set up?