what kind of music do you play?

there are lots of much better amps out there in that price range.
Quote by mcrfobtai
It's not good for playing anything

is it really that fun to go with the trends?

EDIT: what nightraven said
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Jan 23, 2009,
i dunno about that particular model, but I love my spider III it sounds great. and i've played gigs with spider II 30Ws before, and they've been pretty good.
I played gigs with my 75W and it sounded atrocious. Just to let u no.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
The distortion is pretty horrid at high volumes. I know from personal experience. What styles are you into?
the clean will break up and sound terrible when cranked. just take our word for it, dont get the spider
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.

He SAID he already OWNS the Spider. Don't tell him to get a different amp now because he said he's short on cash.

TS: A 15w Spider 3 will probably not be enough, plus it sounds horrible at high volumes. Doesn't your school have an amp you can borrow? I'd use that, and save for a better amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i used one to gig at a school a while ago. didn't have to turn it up that much. it managed the gig but it's a crappy amp. trade it in for a peavey vypyr, much more natural modelling tones.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I was almost forced to play into a Spider III 75 watt last night due to my amp losing volume but luckily the other guitarist in our band was nice enough to let me play through his new Vox VT. I recommend those, they sound pretty sweet for the money (and I hear upgrading the preamp tube makes it sound that much nicer!).
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Quote by shadow__666

He SAID he already OWNS the Spider. Don't tell him to get a different amp now because he said he's short on cash.

TS: A 15w Spider 3 will probably not be enough, plus it sounds horrible at high volumes. Doesn't your school have an amp you can borrow? I'd use that, and save for a better amp.

no, what he said is that right now he owns the 15w spider III, and now hes looking to get the 1x12 spider II. just look at his profile, he makes it pretty clear.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.